Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New tram routes announced

New tram routes announced

I see that new routes have been published

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-...ed-Tram-Routes

What happened to the green tram that ran from the bus depot to the tram hub inside the grounds?

While it's not that far to walk from the tram hub to the bus depot, it was nice to take a the green tram at the end of a long day.

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...-at-Airventure

It's being discussed in this thread - sadly it appears that Green has been eliminated.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I would bet that a Cobuson bus stop will be installed at tower turn around.

OK. Let's see how it works out. Nothing is perfect, but the two hubs may be an improvement when trying to catch a ride.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

There have always been two tram hubs - one by the Tower and the other by the Hangar Cafe, in the Vintage area. I'm not exactly clear on the benefits gained by them being this much closer to each other? It will make the Blue route a long affair, which may be fun for those who just want a tram ride without ever getting off the thing?

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    I would bet that a Cobuson bus stop will be installed at tower turn around.
    The new Hangar B turnaround 'depot' gives a good idea of the land footprint needed to put bus and tractor tram operations in close proximity. They truly are different logistical beasts even though they carry 'about' the same number of adults. A tractor tram almost can unload-load-depart before a bus even gets unloaded. The single door and tight stairway are time hungry choke points on a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...-at-Airventure

It's being discussed in this thread - sadly it appears that Green has been eliminated.
    Thanks for the conformation, while it was not explicitly stated in the press release, it was notification by absence. I'm sure come July many will be still looking for the green tram!

Any guess as to why it was eliminated? As someone who stays in the dorms downtown, getting dropped off at the bus park, it was nice and easy to then hop on the green to get into the grounds.

Everytime I was at the Tower depot, and over the 9 days I conducted on Red or Yellow that was a whole bunch of times, it seemed to me that the Green route was VERY-VERY popular, especially in the afternoon when everyone gets weary of walking?

The announcement of these new changes for 2020 'seems' to suggest that EAA wants to make it 'easier' and more convenient to get to and from the distant Public Parking areas by school bus, at least to the Main Gate, which is not served by the tractor trams?

I'll be honest, my 71 yr old arthritic knees and long marches is not an ideal combination. lol
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.

I do like the layout for the new Hangar B depot. Gets the passengers out of the busy roadway. Hopefully the signage folks will create some new large EZ to understand signs CLEARLY indicating which tram goes where and where to stand in line to wait for one? That was easily 50% of the questions asked constantly each year.

Remember how confusing it was the first time YOU came to AirVenture? I know I do, and poor or no signage is not the answer to the confusion.

They moved the tower hub over between the exhibit buildings and scholler one year and THAT was an unmitigated disaster.

I've been after the EAA to make the tram signs useful for years. A simple "BOARD HERE FOR FORUMS, WARBIRDS, NORTH 40" etc... would cut out most of the questions and confusions.