Thread: Can you fly your plane during Airventure and return to your camping spot?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can you fly your plane during Airventure and return to your camping spot?

My significant other is talking about joining me for Airventure midweek, flying in commerical. Is it feasible to fly my plane to pick her up wherever she arrives and return to my camping spot? I'll be flying in and camping with the Cessnas to Oshkosh group in the north 40.
    Last edited by Eric Gleason; 03-04-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gleason View Post
    My significant other is talking about joining me for Airventure midweek, flying in commerical. Is it feasible to fly my plane to pick her up and return to my camping spot? I'll be flying in and camping with the Cessnas to Oshkosh group in the north 40.
    Yes. A friend was in HBC a few years ago. He took the airplane, but left his wife and their tent at Oshkosh to make a one day trip to a conference. No muss, no fuss. Just leave your tent and camping credentials on your site and you should be fine.

When you return, you'll need to show your camping credentials to the parking volunteers. Otherwise, they'll want you to park where they are sending everyone else at that time, or depart if the area is full.

If she flies into Appleton that shuttle bus runs every hour, is cheap and goes right from in front of the small terminal. Its easier than flying your plane to the FBO to pick her up. Only thing is the bus goes to the Airventuere bus central terminal and youd need another to your plane parking.

I think that in the interest of keeping things peaceful on the home front, I'd better go pick her up :-)

Thanks everybody. This is all good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gleason View Post
    I think that in the interest of keeping things peaceful on the home front, I'd better go pick her up :-)

Thanks everybody. This is all good info.

How about a compromise? Take the shuttle to Appleton to meet her, and ride back together.

Dave