Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accessible Parking at Airventure

No doubt. Lord knows I am not privy to the internal machinations surrounding shuttle operations. But like so many things in life, sometimes the decision/policy makers neglect to include the 'implementers' as part of the process and sometimes needless chaos results. If a dope like me already sees areas of conflict and confusion in these new changes, imagine the improvements smart people who actually operate trams and school buses might rather see done.

My best analogy is many times the folks who design and market automobiles rarely consult the poor schlubbs who will need to change an oil filter, spark plugs or perform other maintenance down the road. Only when the repairs are needed is it discovered how difficult/impossible it is to perform.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-06-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Randy, you were talking about traffic jams in Vintage area. Just found from Gene, no stops on Vern. I bet Vintage folks will say something about that. Long walk from Hanger Cafe to Vintage or Scholler to Vintage. All other stops remain same.

Actually I was thinking about the people waiting in the roadway for the Northbound Yellow in front of Hangar B.

NO stop at the Vintage HQ/Boeing Plaza before the turn South? My opinion is that is ill advised and potentially dangerous. IMHO - note IMHO - I worry that ALL the trams WILL have folks para-jumping off moving trams left & right at that corner slow turn. First they cancel the popular Green tram and now No stop at the VERY popular Boeing Plaza stop? I'm starting to get less and less impressed with the 'quality' of that transportation survey from Northwestern.

Hopefully wiser heads will prevail before AirVenture starts up?
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-09-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not sure why I missed this thread, but I just found out about the "Blue Lot" parking yesterday. I drive back and forth everyday for the convention. Always get there early in the morning. Been parking in the Blue Lot for most of the 50 years I've been attending. I don't relish the thought of now having to walk from the museum to the main gate every day. Or having to wait on a tram to get me there. I know, I know. I want what I want!!!
    Hopefully they'll look into making some more adjustments to the parking before 2021.

Yup. As soon as I saw they hired "consultants" to come up with a plan, I knew we were screwed. Waiting for next year to see what parking situation will be for the spot I volunteer at all week. If they expect me to get there on foot from general parking, spend the day working and then walk back out, that'll be the end of me volunteering. As far as the airplane raffle goes, the problem was allowing people to enter without a contribution. I guess I was being naive, but would never have guessed there were so many deadbeats. I don't know who decided the $100 per entry thing was a great idea, but the explanation didn't sell me. They can take the raffle and shove it.

The problem is they want to disguise the ticket sales as being tax deductible. If a fee is required to enter, no matter what you call it, it is not tax deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The problem is they want to disguise the ticket sales as being tax deductible. If a fee is required to enter, no matter what you call it, it is not tax deductible.
    The prior plane give away was a sweepstakes, no $ to enter, unlimited entries, any money given was a donation and tax deductible. The new give away was a raffle, fixed amount of tickets sold at a fixed amount, so not a contribution, so not deductible.
    Last edited by krw920; 06-29-2020 at 02:43 PM.