Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh first timer.

Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones View Post
    I've grabbed a few screenshots of the Tri and sent to my wife. Her response "hmm, that's big." :-)
    Not compared to a modern airliner - LOL - On a plus side, every passenger gets a window AND aisle seat at the same time - lol - Center aisle with one seat port & one starboard, front to back.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eaa+...h=601&biw=1229
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 03-05-2020 at 08:42 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I thought the trimotor rides were way more expensive than that. Now I'm thinking it might just have to happen...

Thanks for that link.

Curious, what time does the gate open in the mornings? To not be waiting in a huge line of people to get in, what time would we need to be parked and ready to enter?

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Not compared to a modern airliner - LOL - On a plus side, every passenger gets a window AND aisle seat at the same time - lol - Center aisle with one seat port & one starboard, front to back.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eaa+...h=601&biw=1229

I saw somewhere the cost was $75 for the Tri ride, before the post here. But then I saw it might be closer to $90. So maybe they went up on price over the last year or so. You know, fuel prices and all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gleason View Post
    I thought the trimotor rides were way more expensive than that. Now I'm thinking it might just have to happen...

the gates open at 7:00am. The 4 large exhibit hanger buildings (A,B,C,D) open at 9:00am. The trams start operations at about 8:00am.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/EAA-A...sked-questions
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

If you have a wristband for several days or the weekly wristband then walk past the ticket office and enter at 5am or whatever.
    The action starts early.

Thank you good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    the gates open at 7:00am. The 4 large exhibit hanger buildings (A,B,C,D) open at 9:00am. The trams start operations at about 8:00am.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/EAA-A...sked-questions

Mr. Bill, so we will get to OSH on Wednesday after lunch. Once we get our wristband, on Thursday and Friday we can just show up at any time and go in? Even at 5am?
    (we will be at OSH Weds afternoon, Thurs and Fri. Flying out on Sat morning)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    If you have a wristband for several days or the weekly wristband then walk past the ticket office and enter at 5am or whatever.
    The action starts early.

Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones View Post
    Mr. Bill, so we will get to OSH on Wednesday after lunch. Once we get our wristband, on Thursday and Friday we can just show up at any time and go in? Even at 5am?
    (we will be at OSH Weds afternoon, Thurs and Fri. Flying out on Sat morning)

I'm not sure about the gate times, since I've always camped, and I don't think the gates between
    Camp Scholler and the flightline ever close. But whan you arrive on Wednesday, buy your wristbands for all days you will be there, and avoid standing in line the other days.

Dave

I believe Tri Motor rides are cheaper by about twenty bucks early in the mornings .