Thread: Oshkosh first timer.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oshkosh first timer.

My wife and I booked our room yesterday for our first trip to EAA AirVenture. Booking flights this week as well.
    I'm ecstatic about this trip. It's been a bucketlist trip for me for many years. My wife on the other hand is quiet skeptical of this big "airshow" (in her words). Last night we watched a lot of YouTube from past years.
    Hoping she falls in love with it like we all have.

We will fly into Appleton on Weds morning and are staying about 30 minutes away from Oshkosh. I'd love to camp on the field, but until we get the experience, we will stay off field.

I'm looking for any and all tips and tricks for beginners, as we prepare for our first trip there.

For now, I will immerse myself into the many threads here.

UPDATED:
    Since reading through the responses so far, I thought I'd post a bit more here about myself.
    I'm 45 and my wife is 44. Both are active and have no problems walking several miles a day.
    I fly small GA airplanes. Most of my time has been in a C152 since the early 2000's. I also own an Ultralight (Fisher FP202). I plan to spend lots of time in the Ultralight and GA area, as that's what I've spent years in and around, but my wife will want to see the "pretty" airplanes. LOL
    We definitely will want to see the float plane area and the Warbirds.

We are flying into Appleton on Wednesday (the week of the show) arriving around lunch and out early Saturday morning. So we will be there for the Wednesday night airshow and all day Thursday and Friday.
    Yeah, a short trip. But a chance to get our feet wet so maybe I can convince her to go ALL WEEK next year.

Thanks for all the info so far guys.
    Last edited by TinmanJones; 03-04-2020 at 09:31 AM.