Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gyrocopter flight training

gyrocopter flight training

is this the right forum to find out about gyrocopter training?

I'm interested in flying a gyrocopter. I live in the New Orleans area, Louisiana.

Is there a list of trainers who are willing to train deaf individuals? as it is I'm deaf and I do wear hearing aid.

I've emailed the one in Houma, LA, didn't get a response.

I emailed a guy in Hammond. got a response. he wasn't interested. claimed that I need to be able to hear the engine, etc...

any suggestions?

We might work something out. Post more of your intentions. Are you intending to purchase and if so what equipment, or are you looking for CFI to rent to you? Are you seeking private or sport pilot certificate. PM with contact info.

Copy post to the Flight Training list.

I don't know anything about deaf training , and not much about copters. But any CFI who tries to discourage you by saying you need to hear the engine, should I think, be ignored. How does one fly a glider, you don't hear the engine, same for a hang glider, and in the copter you will have power and rpm gauges right there in front of you on the panel. I don't think you fly a jet by listening to the engine to monitor it. Good luck.

I think it's amazing you found 2 gyroplane training operators that close. Keep looking! Check the Rotary Wing forums: https://www.rotaryforum.com

The forum you want for gyrocopter flight training is Popular Rotorcraft Association (pra.org). As a gyroplane owner, this organization has virtually everything you want to know about gryrocopters. As a member, you can acess a wealth of additional information on gyros.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I think it's amazing you found 2 gyroplane training operators that close. Keep looking! Check the Rotary Wing forums: https://www.rotaryforum.com
    thanx.

I registered at that site the same day as this one. next day. I was blocked. couldn't log in. don't remember what the reason was. I'd have to visit that site again.
    Last edited by firestorm31; 03-18-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jchirtea View Post
    The forum you want for gyrocopter flight training is Popular Rotorcraft Association (pra.org). As a gyroplane owner, this organization has virtually everything you want to know about gryrocopters. As a member, you can acess a wealth of additional information on gyros.
    ok thanx, I will check out that website
    Last edited by firestorm31; 03-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    We might work something out. Post more of your intentions. Are you intending to purchase and if so what equipment, or are you looking for CFI to rent to you? Are you seeking private or sport pilot certificate. PM with contact info.

Copy post to the Flight Training list.
    I haven't gotten that far. its all research I'm doing.

CFI? chief flight instructor?

I do like that polish gyro twin tails.

this forum?
    http://eaaforums.org/forumdisplay.ph...earning-to-Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I don't know anything about deaf training , and not much about copters. But any CFI who tries to discourage you by saying you need to hear the engine, should I think, be ignored. How does one fly a glider, you don't hear the engine, same for a hang glider, and in the copter you will have power and rpm gauges right there in front of you on the panel. I don't think you fly a jet by listening to the engine to monitor it. Good luck.
    I was wondering what that guy was thinking. He must've skipped over that part of the FAA regs regarding deaf pilots.

CFI? chief flight instructor?
    Nope, CFI = Certificated Flight Instructor. And should you see a reference somewhere to CFII, it just means they are also rated to teach instrument flying.

Larry N.