Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Future events affected

You got it Airmutt, you can even bring Corona Beer, I've got something in a Mason jar that will disarm it !!!
    Bob, hope for the best, plan for the worst !

Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I have to agree with you. I believe attendance will be down but the event will be held as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Damitz View Post
    I have to agree with you. I believe attendance will be down but the event will be held as normal.
    Man, now your speaking my language. I'm crossing my fingers this happens. It's a once in a lifetime for me and I'm all booked up to be there.

I appreciate your optimism but I bought my AV 2020 tee shirt today. I’m thinking that is gonna be a collectors item. I’m hoping I’m wrong.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TinmanJones View Post
    Man, now your speaking my language. I'm crossing my fingers this happens. It's a once in a lifetime for me and I'm all booked up to be there.
    Don't know where you're from, doesn't really matter, COVID 19 is everywhere and growing rapidly. Deaths are huge and getting huger.

But FYI and for others that harbour your thoughts and mindset. As of 1 hour ago the Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services confirmed 1391 cases of COVID-19, 130 more cases than yesterday's report. The Milwaukee Medical Examiner reported 10 and 16 deaths(no idea why the 2 seperate figures). Fox TV 6 reports 25 deaths. The Governor warns the numbers are expected to grow.

Of the confirmed cases, the Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services reports 53% are women, 47% male. By age group: 50's-18%; 60's-20%(most affected group); 70's-10%.

Since March 17, there has been a state-wide prohibition of all public gatherings of 10 or more to mitigate the spread. It is open-ended.

So, Tinman and others, as my 2 lawyer kids would say, WITHOUT PREJUDICE, GUIDE YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.

Sun N’ Fun (Does the apostrophe go before or after the N?) has cancelled for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    Sun N’ Fun (Does the apostrophe go before or after the N?) has cancelled for this year.
    That was inevitable, IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDow View Post
    Paul, I can't find anything online, including the SunNFun site or on any of the major aviation sites that provides this news. You may have been confused by an online notice that said THE BASH(whatever this is?) as part of and under a logo of SnF was cancelled for 2020.

Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!