Thread: Auschwitz-Birkenau , Today in History

Auschwitz-Birkenau , Today in History

The anniversary of the liberation of the death camp. Its been 75 years and the name still makes one sick just to hear. I haven't been there, am not Jewish, but had some inlaws deported from Poland who lived.
    Some years ago there was a conference in Dayton, think it was EAA or AOPA. It was a privilege to walk where geniuses had invented the airplane and lived and tested it, lot's of sites and some much to see.
    Then we went to the huge Museum of the Air Force, great WWI stuff and good for WWII. So many planes you almost get numb to the next one. Then I saw an exhibit which has stayed with me today, and I can still see it in the cabinet. It was a pair of striped pajamas. Not a replica, the real thing, and showing some wear and dirt. I just stood there and stared, and didn't really look at any more airplanes that day. .
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-10-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Banned
    You're a month late. The 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz was January 27, 2020. It was hugely recognized around the world as it is every year because the world will not forget this place and so many other extermination camps as well as the fact that survivors are becoming fewer and fewer.