Thread: Aircraft Initialization Failure message when starting FSX from Takeflight app.

Post Aircraft Initialization Failure message when starting FSX from Takeflight app.

Name:  Annotation 2020-02-29 152754.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  15.6 KB

When I start Takeflight app, after the FSX splash screen I get the message shown above.
    When I close the message window the app shows flight environment Mount Rainier etc.
    but no aircraft.
    If i run just FSX stand alone the aircraft is there and works normally.
    It used to work before without any problems.
    Thanks for help.

That seems to indicated that FSX can't find the aircraft itself. Since it works with just FSX, it apparently indicates the sim cannot find the aircraft when used with the add-on, perhaps a communication problem. However, if there is a single character difference in the aircraft name (actually, the "title" field in the aircraft.cfg) then FSX won't find it, so perhaps that application is messing with spaces or other character(s) that are not immediately obvious.

But I don't know anything about Takeflight -- you might check on flightsim.com asking for help.

Larry N.

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    That seems to indicated that FSX can't find the aircraft itself. Since it works with just FSX, it apparently indicates the sim cannot find the aircraft when used with the add-on, perhaps a communication problem. However, if there is a single character difference in the aircraft name (actually, the "title" field in the aircraft.cfg) then FSX won't find it, so perhaps that application is messing with spaces or other character(s) that are not immediately obvious.

But I don't know anything about Takeflight -- you might check on flightsim.com asking for help.

Thank you will go to the TakeFlight folks.