Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Your wishlist for Oshkosh 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Because the mortality rate of Coronavirus/COVID-19 is 10 times greater than the flu. There is a ton of testing for the flu and there is a flu vaccine.
    Well there are 4 major different strains of the "flu" and it's a gamble as to which vaccination you will get to combat it. I had the shot in Oct. and got the flu in Dec. so it didn't really help. I'm not canceling any plans for anything as of yet, if A/V is going on, I plan to be there.
    Bob

Bill, when you have the flu you have symptoms and you know it. With this virus you can be infectious up-to 14 days and have no symptoms, meanwhile you’re out and about possibly and unknowingly spreading the virus. Hence, the statement if you believe you have been exposed self quarantine for two weeks; by then if you’ve got it you will start displaying the symptoms. That’s why people are panic buying. The quarantine and recovery period can last for a number of weeks.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I'm not canceling any plans for anything as of yet, if A/V is going on, I plan to be there.
    Bob
    You are an adult and therefore solely responsible for all decisions taken.

If Oshkosh is not cancelled I'm confident the grounds will be much easier to navigate, the trams will have lots of room, the food line-ups will move very quickly and you will be able to roll a bowling ball down a exhibitor hangar isle and not hit anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I have no facts as all but I don't think they are going to contiunue to spread.
    I just have to say that it's statements like this that make the Internet so much fun.

Ron Wanttaja

Banned
    I don't know that the sun rises in the West, I just know that it's true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    I just have to say that it's statements like this that make the Internet so much fun.

Ron Wanttaja
    My response is not as stoic or forgiving as yours. When I hear stuff like that my full head of hair stands on end so I look like Don King.

My response is not as stoic or forgiving as yours. When I hear stuff like that my full head of hair stands on end so I look like Don King.
    C'mon, Floats, look at the bright side: Bill is obviously ready for a major role in American politics. He doesn't know the facts, he's not INTERESTED in the facts, but he's ready to make the big decisions.

Ron "Have they named a Coronavirus Czar, yet?" Wanttaja

.... I have no facts as all but I don't think they are going to contiunue to spread.
    I suspect that not much thought preceded this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I suspect that not much thought preceded this comment.

Ron "Where's Tevye when we need him? Wanttaja

Ya know, if they don't cancel Oshkosh, it doesn't mean you have to go. If you take your health and well being seriously and want to mitigate your risk of exposure to this pandemic at one of the largest gatherings of human beings in a single place on the planet-600,000 plus-THEN DON'T GO!!!
    Or you can just listen to my hero, Brigadier General Frank Savage, USAAF:

https://youtu.be/y-Fg_c6jNTg?t=55

:-)

Ron "Sew them back on, sergeant" Wanttaja