Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your wishlist for Oshkosh 2020

Sustained noise of over 90db damages your hearing. I don't want to listen to that any more than I want to walk into a bar where it is blaring 98db. Most of the planes you can decide to experience them or not, that is if you don't like a Cirrus you don't have to look at it or climb in it. Not so with jet acts, they make so much noise (and pollution,) that you cant hear a presentation at a forum or just enjoy the conventionI enjoy seeing the B-17s fly over but they don't interfere with everything else. Jet noise has all the class of rap music. If you made a parallel of art, it would be like walking into a great art museum and having strobe lights.
    EAA last year put the jet acts on the own day, at the end of the week so you could take them or leave them and I appreciate that. Or have them fly the night show.
    Tastes vary, but in many cases the jets aren't the planes of history like the Mustangs or C-47s, they are often strange looking and mostly characterized by noise. One exception is the F-86 that everyone says flies great.

I have been Waiting to See the P-47 Thunderbolt At Oshkosh for a long time. I truly hope they have one this year. Two would be even better! The F-22 Raptor Demo Team is next on the list. Pure American Dominance! Awesome! The A-10 Demo Team is great as well! Would love to see Fifi and Doc together again. My dream is to see a Blackbird again. Don’t think it’s in the cards but it would be amazing! B-1 again would be amazing too.

XP-82
    F-100
    no rain

Quote Originally Posted by cjohngraham View Post
    XP-82
    F-100
    no rain
    No Corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I have a number of WWII types on my bucket list that I'd love to see at this year's event and I'd like to hear some of yours, please. Here are mine:

1. P-47 Thunderbolt...
    Come to Arlington...shot this a couple of years back.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by mark17 View Post
    i have been waiting to see the p-47 thunderbolt at oshkosh for a long time...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    come to arlington...shot this a couple of years back.
    *drool* Nice photo, Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    1. A safe week
    2. A Break From Jet Noise
    3. Good cool weather

Hmmm.... Be careful what you ask for! My first convention, we woke up with frost on the inside of the tent....

With regard to the wish list, I've been fortunate to see all but two up there. What I would add is the IL-2 Sturmovik that has been trying to make it off and on for several years.

If you were talking only of weather extremes, which would you prefer, hot or cold? The only time I have ever seen 40 degrees Celsus on a thermometer IN THE SHADE, was one year at Oshkosh. It was too hot to do anything, hurt to walk into the sunlight. As for frost, there are some cool mornings, but even then if the sun is out it will warm up to ok by 10 oclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    If you were talking only of weather extremes, which would you prefer, hot or cold? The only time I have ever seen 40 degrees Celsus on a thermometer IN THE SHADE, was one year at Oshkosh. It was too hot to do anything, hurt to walk into the sunlight. As for frost, there are some cool mornings, but even then if the sun is out it will warm up to ok by 10 oclock.
    I'm from South Carolina and AirVenture is the only time and place I've gotten sun poisoning.

My wish is for a dry Osh. We pretty much bring clothes for 4-seasons so the temps are what they are although personally I’d rather sweat than freeze. We’re “glamping” this year in a rented RV vs tent camping next to the plane so we’ll have a way to escape any temperature extremes at will.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!