Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your wishlist for Oshkosh 2020

Well Bill you’re great at spouting opinions on subjects you no nothing about. So we both can agree to disagree and that it best to simply move forward at this point as neither is going to change the others position and the rancor back and forth serves no useful purpose.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Come to Arlington...shot this a couple of years back.

Ron Wanttaja
    Hi Ron! I would love to come to Arlington and see that! Beautiful shot! The P-47 is my favorite WWII fighter. Big Chief used to be up here in the Bob Pond Museum Planes of Fame but he moved the whole collection to Palm Springs. Broke my heart. Used to go almost every Saturday with my dad to see it. If I ever win the lottery I’m bringing the museum back home to MN! It would be great to see one at Oshkosh this summer!

Todd, have we ever met? As for as I know, we don't know each other. Is there some underlying issue, that explains your animosity toward me that seems all out of proportion to our different attitude toward flying into Airventure? I think a forum is a good place for a discussion, but telling the other person that their ideas are false or they shouldn't have ideas is out there, long way from the norm.
    And to clarify, I am not urging you to fly through bad weather, vfr or ifr. Two years ago when we found out that weather on Sat was not a good forecast we delayed leaving till Sun., still had to dodge some weather enroute. And last year when we found out it was backed up at Fisk, we diverted vfr. If anyone else was in a Citation or something like that, I assume they would come in ifr or the other procedure from the island in Winnebago.

And I have no interest in changing your opinion, even if possible. If you don't want to be down at Ripon-Fisk vfr then its best for all if you do it your way. You haven't said what plane you are in.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-01-2020 at 09:08 AM.

C'mon boys & girls, let's get back on topic. What's on your wish list for aircraft types at this year's Oshkosh? It is a significant WWII commemoration year, so let's aim high!

My wish is that the warbird crowd try to outdo their spectacular effort 25 years ago when, at the end of the huge Saturday warbird show, there were more than 200 planes over the field, various directions various altitudes, at the same time. Beautifully choreographed and the most impressive aircraft display I have ever seen.
    Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    My wish is that the warbird crowd try to outdo their spectacular effort 25 years ago when, at the end of the huge Saturday warbird show, there were more than 200 planes over the field, various directions various altitudes, at the same time. Beautifully choreographed and the most impressive aircraft display I have ever seen.
    Mike E
    That's what we're after! Thanks, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    If you were talking only of weather extremes, which would you prefer, hot or cold? The only time I have ever seen 40 degrees Celsus on a thermometer IN THE SHADE, was one year at Oshkosh. It was too hot to do anything, hurt to walk into the sunlight.
    Bill, you need to travel more. Our Uncle Sam sent me several places that topped that (with the note that most thermometers top out at 40C). Maybe you are just too used to the low humidity in CO, where shade actually offers relief from the heat. (And, yes, I am jealous.)
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

So getting back on track, what do I want this year?

1. My plane to be completely healthy and make the trip there, in the airshow, and back again (It has been down for various expensive things for the past 9 months)
    2. The Farmer's Almanac to be wrong
    3. To meet each of the regular posters here on this forum
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

1. Less T-6 noise. I would rather hear 10 jets than one more T-6.
    2. More ice cream stands.
    3. Dry weather. Last years monsoons really put a crimp in our chapter camping plans.
    4. Homebuilts other than RVs. I like RVs but they seem to be taking over the place.

Mayer, before I volunteered to go anywhere for Uncle Sam I wanted a few more details, and anywhere that camels love is not for me. If I ever get to be Pres the only place we are going to war with is Norway, reputed to have the highest standard of living in the world. Never invade anywhere worse to live than your own country.