Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Can't install Solidworks 2019-2020 due to multiple errors

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4

    Can't install Solidworks 2019-2020 due to multiple errors

    When I try to install the new solidworks, first I get this message:

    A Windows reboot is pending from a previous installation. Some components may fail to install if you do not reboot first. We strongly recommend you cancel the installation and reboot.

    I reboot, but that message continues to appear. So, I continue.

    Then, I get a message that there was a failure installing Microsoft SQL. There's a link for online help, but it's not useful at all.

    The executable file "D:\My Stuff\SWDownloads\SOLIDWORKS 2019 SP02\PreReqs\SQLServer\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe" /ConfigurationFile="C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS Electrical\SWSQLSetup.ini" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /Q /SAPWD=SQLpwd4ew /AGTSVCPASSWORD=SQLpwd4ew did not install successfully.

    When I click on OK, I see this:




    Successful:
    Checking Entitlement
    Configuring Toolbox
    Configuring SQL Server
    Check For Updates (installed)



    Unsuccessful:
    Microsoft SQL Server (installation)Online Solutions

    Any ideas?

    josef

  2. #2
    Mike Switzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    959
    What version of windows are you using? We are refusing to upgrade to 10 due to the ongoing security issues. My Win 7 machine we use for shipping has had multiple issues on startup since I was forced to download every windows update available in order to upgrade my UPS WorldShip software last year. (Worldship & Quickbooks both use SQL). I checked for updates Sunday & there was a new update available to fix issues with SQL. The update helped some, but didn't fix all problems.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    I'm using Windows 10, 64Bit. This is the same machine I was using with Solidworks 2018-2019, so I was surprised at the errors.

    Honestly, get away from Windows 7 - it has at least one fatal flaw that is critical and could result you no longer owning any of your data. (I'm not a fan of micro$soft, but it's what I have to work with...)

  4. #4
    EAA Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by jzeevi View Post
    When I try to install the new solidworks, first I get this message:
    A Windows reboot is pending from a previous installation. Some components may fail to install if you do not reboot first. We strongly recommend you cancel the installation and reboot.
    I reboot, but that message continues to appear. So, I continue.
    Yes, ignore that message.

    Quote Originally Posted by jzeevi View Post
    Then, I get a message that there was a failure installing Microsoft SQL. There's a link for online help, but it's not useful at all.
    Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPgmtUOoqs

    Please let me know if it works.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4

    Sad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    Yes, ignore that message.

    Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPgmtUOoqs

    Please let me know if it works.
    That didn't change the problem. :-(

  6. #6
    Mike Switzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by jzeevi View Post
    Honestly, get away from Windows 7 - it has at least one fatal flaw that is critical and could result you no longer owning any of your data. (I'm not a fan of micro$soft, but it's what I have to work with...)
    I don't see how, our company doesn't use the cloud and everything is backed up to multiple backup drives on separate in house machines.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I don't see how, our company doesn't use the cloud and everything is backed up to multiple backup drives on separate in house machines.
    It's not a cloud issue - it's an internet issue. If you touch the internet, there's flaws in Win7 that allow malicious takeover of your machine. Anyway - this is likely a different thread than the problem I'm having with Solidworks. :-)

  8. #8
    EAA Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    134
    You could try installing without PCB. This only seems to come up when people install PCB on certain versions of Windows 10.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •