Thread: Can't install Solidworks 2019-2020 due to multiple errors

Can't install Solidworks 2019-2020 due to multiple errors

When I try to install the new solidworks, first I get this message:

A Windows reboot is pending from a previous installation. Some components may fail to install if you do not reboot first. We strongly recommend you cancel the installation and reboot.

I reboot, but that message continues to appear. So, I continue.

Then, I get a message that there was a failure installing Microsoft SQL. There's a link for online help, but it's not useful at all.

The executable file "D:\My Stuff\SWDownloads\SOLIDWORKS 2019 SP02\PreReqs\SQLServer\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe" /ConfigurationFile="C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS Electrical\SWSQLSetup.ini" /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /Q /SAPWD=SQLpwd4ew /AGTSVCPASSWORD=SQLpwd4ew did not install successfully.

When I click on OK, I see this:

Successful:
    Checking Entitlement
    Configuring Toolbox
    Configuring SQL Server
    Check For Updates (installed)

Unsuccessful:
    Microsoft SQL Server (installation)Online Solutions

Any ideas?

josef

What version of windows are you using? We are refusing to upgrade to 10 due to the ongoing security issues. My Win 7 machine we use for shipping has had multiple issues on startup since I was forced to download every windows update available in order to upgrade my UPS WorldShip software last year. (Worldship & Quickbooks both use SQL). I checked for updates Sunday & there was a new update available to fix issues with SQL. The update helped some, but didn't fix all problems.

I'm using Windows 10, 64Bit. This is the same machine I was using with Solidworks 2018-2019, so I was surprised at the errors.

Honestly, get away from Windows 7 - it has at least one fatal flaw that is critical and could result you no longer owning any of your data. (I'm not a fan of micro$soft, but it's what I have to work with...)

Quote Originally Posted by jzeevi View Post
    When I try to install the new solidworks, first I get this message:
    A Windows reboot is pending from a previous installation. Some components may fail to install if you do not reboot first. We strongly recommend you cancel the installation and reboot.
    I reboot, but that message continues to appear. So, I continue.
    Yes, ignore that message.

Then, I get a message that there was a failure installing Microsoft SQL. There's a link for online help, but it's not useful at all.
    Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPgmtUOoqs

Please let me know if it works.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Puuri View Post
    Yes, ignore that message.

Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPgmtUOoqs

Please let me know if it works.
    That didn't change the problem. :-(

Honestly, get away from Windows 7 - it has at least one fatal flaw that is critical and could result you no longer owning any of your data. (I'm not a fan of micro$soft, but it's what I have to work with...)
    I don't see how, our company doesn't use the cloud and everything is backed up to multiple backup drives on separate in house machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    I don't see how, our company doesn't use the cloud and everything is backed up to multiple backup drives on separate in house machines.
    It's not a cloud issue - it's an internet issue. If you touch the internet, there's flaws in Win7 that allow malicious takeover of your machine. Anyway - this is likely a different thread than the problem I'm having with Solidworks. :-)

You could try installing without PCB. This only seems to come up when people install PCB on certain versions of Windows 10.