Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After aopa forum

After aopa forum

Many of you may have used the AOPA forum site which was cancelled. Have you tried to use the Hangar feature as a substitute on Aopa. I found in almost useless, not updated at all.
    Our EAA site is good, but not as broad or as active as that other one was for gen aviation.
    Do you have any others you are using and finding useful?
    Thanks

Like you, after the Red Board's demise I took a quick look at the Hangar and haven't been back. I now split my time between the Blue Board (aka POA) and Van's Air Force (VAF) with a occasional jaunt over to BeechTalk. I check this forum, Matronics, plus a Pietenpol site routinely site but all of these get posts at a glacial pace compared to the others I mentioned.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

many of the AOPA posters migrated to a new forum, The Pilots Place: http://thepilotsplace.com/forum/index.php

It's probably worth your time to check out if you enjoy forum-style conversations.
    Brian K. Schermerhorn

Yep, not only left the red board, but AOPA entirely. The closing of the board (and the disaster of the Hangar) were just the last straw in demonstrating that they are so out of touch with the membership to be unsupportable.

Brian, thanks I tried to register on the Pilot Place and cant get it to go through. They said they sent me an email with directions to follow, but no email has come. On the site they say they welcome pilots, doesn't say you have to know about glass panel and all the new stuff. And it says there is only one rule, but it doesn't give what that rule is. Wish it had a contact phone number.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    And it says there is only one rule, but it doesn't give what that rule is. Wish it had a contact phone number.
    If you've ever been to a Club Med, you'll know what that one rule is. I wish I could tell you here but if I do I'll be excommunicated from the EAA Forum for life and probably a bit more.

I just registered to Brian’s site — no issues whatsoever. I’ve added it to the list of sites to visit so thanks for the invite.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 02-12-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Floats, I have been to Club Med a number of times in the past, but don't recall any "one rule" there. Maybe don't look down when you are climbing the tower to start on the trapeze, or avoid the free Mai Tais and order your own drinks. Mostly a good experience except the one where the mosquitos were so bad they had to spray DDT every evening.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 02-11-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    many of the AOPA posters migrated to a new forum, The Pilots Place: http://thepilotsplace.com/forum/index.php

It's probably worth your time to check out if you enjoy forum-style conversations.
    Thanks for the link, I just signed up.
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Brian, thanks I tried to register on the Pilot Place and cant get it to go through. They said they sent me an email with directions to follow, but no email has come. On the site they say they welcome pilots, doesn't say you have to know about glass panel and all the new stuff. And it says there is only one rule, but it doesn't give what that rule is. Wish it had a contact phone number.
    I don't have any insight into TPP site administration. I'd guess your email got knocked down by spam, but I'll see if I can have the site owner look into it.

FYI, the "one rule" is "play nice" (or something to that effect). The AOPA board didn't have the best reputation and they're trying to avoid that fate.
    Brian K. Schermerhorn