Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A question about assessing a ramp queen for purchase (disassembly of the wings...)

I've never quite understood how Johnny Teenager can jack his pickup to the point you need a step ladder to get into it or make a dozen other modifications but the aircraft owner is held to the standards of the type certificate "or else". Especially when you're dealing with simple tube and fabric type aircraft which I doubt is even taught in A & P school to any extent any longer. No wonder folks migrate to the home built market.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Quote Originally Posted by L16 Pilot View Post
    I've never quite understood how Johnny Teenager can jack his pickup to the point you need a step ladder to get into it or make a dozen other modifications but the aircraft owner is held to the standards of the type certificate "or else".
    I suppose because there is absolutely no fear that pickups will be falling from the sky.

Depends on how high it's jacked up.

I suppose because there is absolutely no fear that pickups will be falling from the sky.

Probably so but you're running down the road five feet side by side with a potentially unstable piece of machinery. Anyway, aircraft don't just "fall from the sky" .
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

"Anyway, aircraft don't just "fall from the sky" .[/QUOTE]

They do if the wing attach point fails like this new AD is going to address.