Thread: A question about assessing a ramp queen for purchase (disassembly of the wings...)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by geosnooker2000 View Post
    Anyway, I am considering buying it as a project, but I would like to know the condition of the main spar connection bolt holes. Did that proposed AD get passed on the PA-28/32 wings? I can't find it on line. All I can find are articles about a "proposed" AD.
    The AD is in progress. Comment period is closed. Most of the comments suggest the proposed AD is too onerous. Waiting on final rule from FAA. The AD is intended to address fatigue cracks in the spar caps, specifically the lower spar cap. The spar bolts are a routine inspection item. Interesingly, there are about 19,000 airplanes that will be affected by this AD. The number of comments during the open comment period was 167.

You'll need to follow the instructions in the maint. manual to remove the wings. The simplified process is use a cradle to support the fuselage, lift the plane to place it in the cradle, something to support the wings while they are de-mated from the fuselage and a rack to carry/store the wings.
    Last edited by martymayes; 02-22-2020 at 10:33 PM.