Is there such a thing this year as a consensus candidate representing aviation? If there is I don't really see it. I have gotten request from AOPA and others to donate to a PAC, just as before, but this year seems different. I don't see some of the burning issues of the past like privatization of ATC, ( probably still a snake under the porch, but not the foremost danger.) And we already gave our pound of flesh for ADSB. Of course the 737 problem, but not really at our gen av level.
And just as I don't really see a critical issue, I don't see any candidate who is pro or con gen av. Maybe the tariff problems affect some pilots, or companies, I don't know much about details.
The national election is different also this year. Most years the nu 1 topic of most peoples concern is jobs, the economy. Not so in 2020, the economy is so strong that we are at the other end of the spectrum, more jobs available, especially lower end than folks to fill them. "Help wanted" signs all over places like Austin, Denver. Surveys show the nu 1 issue of consumers and voters is health care. Sometimes talk shows and newspapers are full of issues like budget deficits, which draw a lot of smoke, but are not the ones that people really raise when asked on their own. As for gen av, we are still having too many smaller, friendlier airports like Santa Monica in danger of closing, along with their flight schools or even museums, but that is not a new problem.