Our new airplanes follow the lead of cell phone makers, computer maker and tv makers as well as almost any other gadget you can think of. And in some cases it really seems like a step forward,though in reality it may be a step sideways or backward. For example there are gadgets that allow you to instantly check your stock account. Seems like something to excite most any techno nerd but in fact does it do any good, does it change anything? If you have some China related stock it is likely to be down, and if you have Tesla you got a recent boost. And there may be many people who can work any tech gadget, but it ain't me.
My young up to date lawyer of a Son finally talked me into getting a wider screen tv. Its about like the tech version of those little flys at the beach called no see ums. a constant pain in the rear. So the local cable company doesn't have any more remotes but gives me a whole new control box, It sat on the shelf 2 months and I finally installed it. Doesn't work, no light at all. I spend hours messing with it on a ladder and finally call the office for service today. Turns out that sense I didn't intall it right away the system may have shut the new box down. I just love tech.
Best airplane I have ever flown or ridden in has no computers, no tech crap, just what was state of the art in 1936 and still the best. Just costs a lot but it works.
I was recently in Turkey, the new airport in Istanbul, largest in the world. Its been open 4 months and the computer system still doesn't work full time, lots of knots of 6 people standing around looking dumb founded at a blank or frozen screen.