This has been commented on before but I didn’t realize just how broken the N-number reservation system has become. So just some observation in the form of questions.....

Why are foreign entities or individuals with non-US addresses allowed to hold a reservation?

Why is there no limit to the number of reservations that can be reserved?

Along that line, why are individuals allowed to reserve numbers and sell them back? There is at least one individual who actively promotes “easy read back” N-numbers for sale in aviation periodicals.

Why is the FAA’s SBS Program Office holding over 50,000 N-numbers!?! Hey I don’t get this at all, what am I missing?

Some suggestion for the N-number reservations system:
For starters a reservation should be limited to a valid US address.
Proof that the reservation requestor is a US citizen must be provided thru either a SSN, drivers license or airman’s certificate or something similar.
Set a limit to the number of reservations that can be simultaneously held. Something like 2 or 3 max.
With that said, I recognize the challenges the FAA faces to prevent individuals from abusing the system.

I would hope EAA and the various other aviation alphabet organizations take this up during its working group discussions with the FAA on policy and EAAers bring this up to the Administrator and FAA reps during Sun N Fun and AirVenture.