Thread: Is this legal?

Is this legal?

I'm space-constrained for running brake and pitot/static lines, so I thought I might be able to combined two into one hole.

I've read the AC and know I'm not supposed to run electrical near, alongside, over, etc fuel lines, but I've never seen anything mentioned about these nylon lines. There's not room to run wire loom over one of the tubes in the grommet that will fit my space. I thought about wrapping one line with electrical tape thru the grommet to provide SOME isolation.

Thoughts?l (and thanks!)

Name:  IMG_4294.jpg
Views: 1624
Size:  89.6 KB

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

That's perfectly acceptable.
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,100 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

It is the other way around . Part 43 reg states to route electrical wire above fuel and oil lines. so in case there is a leak. Fuel or oil does not drip down on electrical wiring. I think if you have the electrical wire on top and covered you will be in the sprite of the Reg.

Yeah, I know I stated it incorrectly. Was merely trying to say I had read and understood the AC. My electrical is routed completely removed from any fuel line. Just didn’t know if a nylon line could be paired with another thru one grommet or if separate grommets were required.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton