Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RV Rental Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Psojka View Post
    Hey, thanks for the info...I thought that was the date but wasnt 100% sure. Any idea on how fast electric/water sites last in years past? Do i need to be sitting at my computer right when they go on sale to get a spot?
    Sorry, but no idea. I've only camped in Scholler twice and both times it was in a tent at one of the unimproved sites. However, I'm confident someone with experience will chime in with the answer.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I think the camp ground opens up 30 days pryor to A/V start date. There is a site, Extream Tix, that shows what sites are still available, but I think thay don't start until Scholler opens. That's the best I can tell you.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Psojka View Post
    Hey, thanks for the info...I thought that was the date but wasnt 100% sure. Any idea on how fast electric/water sites last in years past? Do i need to be sitting at my computer right when they go on sale to get a spot?
    Because of the cost, the electric water sites don't start really disappearing until 2 weeks before the show. You can check the reservation site from the day the campgrounds open to watch the availability of the improved reservable sites, and when they start to get claimed fairly quickly, jump in and get your reservation done.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Because of the cost, the electric water sites don't start really disappearing until 2 weeks before the show. You can check the reservation site from the day the campgrounds open to watch the availability of the improved reservable sites, and when they start to get claimed fairly quickly, jump in and get your reservation done.
    Right, that the way I did it last year. The real issue (at least for me) is how far one is willing to go in playing chicken with the availability. For several days, there were lots of sites available. Then, in one day, lots of them were suddenly gone. So I chickened out, got a site, and payed through the nose. I didn't check availability after that because I was afraid I'd only find I jumped too soon. FWIW, I got my site on July 11, even though I wasn't planning on arriving until July 21 (which is 10 days of payment for an unused site). And, of course, July 21 turned out not to happen anyway because the campground was basically a mud bog at that time. Such is the nature of the venue. But still, it was worth it. We had a great site and loved AirVenture.