Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RV Rental Recommendations

RV Rental Recommendations

Hi all. Thank you for letting me be a part of the forums. First post here and I'll keep it simple:

Last trip to A/V was 2016 but we didn't camp. This year we are planning on renting an RV and a full hookup camp site at Camp Scholler. I have looked at a few RV rental options and found some that even deliver and set up the unit. This would be my preferred method. I am hoping that you all can give me some good companies to look at, any to stay away from, etc...And any other helpful bits of information you've learned from your experience camping in the past would be a huge appreciation. Any kinds of info that you wished someone had told you when you first began camping at A/V... Thanks everyone! Can't wait for July to get here!

We're using Kunes Country RV https://www.kunescountryrvelkhorn.co...&iwsReferrerQS Can't speak to if they are good or bad as this will be our first time renting an RV (previously we tent camped in Scholler and the past 5 years in HBC).
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 01-31-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Not sure about this, but I seem to remember reading something about companys setting up campers/RV's for renters was not allowed. They can't come on site unless they have ticket. To be on the safe side, I would check with someone at the EAA.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    We're using Kunes Country RV https://www.kunescountryrvelkhorn.co...&iwsReferrerQS Can't speak to if they are good or bad as this will be our first time renting an RV (previously we tent camped in Scholler and the past 5 years in HBC).
    Better link, this is for the same outfit, but the Neenah, WI location. https://www.happytrailsrvrentals.net...r-venture.aspx

My mother rents from Van Boxtel in Green Bay. And yes, they do deliver it and set it up.

I believe the Scholler sites with hookups do not have sewer connections. Also, the hookup sites require you to pay the nightly rate from the moment you claim a spot. Potentially a lot of money there. I know rates vary, but I have friends who’ve paid over $1500 for a week of rv rental.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Not sure about this, but I seem to remember reading something about companys setting up campers/RV's for renters was not allowed. They can't come on site unless they have ticket. To be on the safe side, I would check with someone at the EAA.
    Bob
    Outside companies have been setting up units in the campground for years, unless this has changed in the past year or so.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Thanks everyone, We found and secured a 40' Newmar RV and the company routinely sets up and picks up the unit after the show ends...Can't wait for the camping sites to open up so we can secure a spot...Anyone know what date we can begin securing camp sites?
    Last edited by Psojka; 02-03-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psojka View Post
    Thanks everyone, We found and secured a 40' Newmar RV and the company routinely sets up and picks up the unit after the show ends...Can't wait for the camping sites to open up so we can secure a spot...Anyone know what date Scholler opens?
    If I read the website right, June 26th, at least for online reservations but IIRC the campgrounds open the same day
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    If I read the website right, June 26th, at least for online reservations but IIRC the campgrounds open the same day

Hey, thanks for the info...I thought that was the date but wasnt 100% sure. Any idea on how fast electric/water sites last in years past? Do i need to be sitting at my computer right when they go on sale to get a spot?