Thread: Cordless Pop Riveter Gun - M12 from Milwaukee Tools

Cordless Pop Riveter Gun - M12 from Milwaukee Tools

This video is about the New Wireless Milwaukee Pop Rivet Gun M12, along with a comparison to the a traditional pneumatic Pop Rivet tool.

My part-time job requires installing 3/16 steel pop rivets, often in cramped quarters, where the large long handled rivet tool we now use can be tasking. After I advised him of this relatively new product, the owner IS strongly considering getting a couple for our field use.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    My part-time job requires installing 3/16 steel pop rivets, often in cramped quarters, where the large long handled rivet tool we now use can be tasking. After I advised him of this relatively new product, the owner IS strongly considering getting a couple for our field use.
    At some point, we'll have to move the project to the hangar and out of the garage. It seems our whole hangar row is one small breaker, which blows when we run the smallest compressor. So the Milwaukee M12 would be very handy in this situation.

One thing the video and/or specs don't address is adjustability. I can reduce the air pressure on my pneumatic rivet puller to "dimple" with a pop rivet dimpler. This tool doesn't appear to have that capability.
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,100 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by melann View Post
    One thing the video and/or specs don't address is adjustability. I can reduce the air pressure on my pneumatic rivet puller to "dimple" with a pop rivet dimpler. This tool doesn't appear to have that capability.
    Very true. I hadn't thought about using the pneumatic rivet puller for dimpling. Great tip!