Thread: Pazmany PL-2 owners / flyers?

Pazmany PL-2 owners / flyers?

Hello All - looking for advice and counsel from those who fly and/or own a Pazmany PL-2; I've already done the online research; now interested in real-world experience with the aircraft, particularly its handling, maintenance, engine preferences, any gotchas. Also, asking as a potential buyer, not as a builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
    Hello All - looking for advice and counsel from those who fly and/or own a Pazmany PL-2; I've already done the online research; now interested in real-world experience with the aircraft, particularly its handling, maintenance, engine preferences, any gotchas. Also, asking as a potential buyer, not as a builder.
    Did you ever hear back from the guy who was advertising the retractable gear PL-2 on airplanemart?

This is a fairly comprehensive flight test article on the PL-2 published in the February, 2003 issue of FLYER, a U.K. general aviation magazine.

http://www.pazmany.com/wp/pdf/PL-2_flyer_02_2003.pdf
    Last edited by Scooper; 01-25-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added link
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS

Hi! Yes, thank you! He did get back to me; it's nearing completion; it has retractable gear, which was apparently positively reviewed by Pazmany. It's close to flying, but the O-290 and retract aspects give me pause. But I'll stay in touch with him - the aircraft is in San Diego and I'm on the east coast, so until it's flying, there isn't much action I can take anyway as far as evaluating it and making an offer.

I did see the article in your link; I think the Pazmany site has that link, as well as a few others, too.

Another one in Florida just came up, and I'm looking in to that one now. There is one in Canada, but it appears to be a big lift to get past both bureaucracies, import here, get an AWC, registered, etc. Also, I have an offer to test fly a T-211 Thorpedo in February; not acro, but interesting.

I have a 1980 Pazmany PL2 . IT has about 2600 hours . First engine was 0-290 , is now powered by 0-320 . I have about 124 hours on type . It is a great airplane a delight to fly. I owned a Cessna 150 for about 30 year . The Pazmany was a very easy transition . Love to go flying.

Armel