Thread: Changing from S-LSA to E-LSA ???

Question Changing from S-LSA to E-LSA ???

We have an S-LSA factory built Evektor SportStar. We are thinking about changing it to an E-LSA. This would give us a lot more lee-way in some mods we are considering. I know once the change is made it can not be reversed & I understand the resale value could drop as much as 10%.

My questions are:
    1. How do I put the wheels in motion?
    2. Basicaly... What do I have to do to accomplish this?
    3. Outside of the non-reversability & the value drop; what are other down sides to the change?
    4. Can I expect to have insurance coverage problems?
    5. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    You appear to believe that you can in fact make this change so go back to the resource(providing it's reliable and validated) that provided this info and follow through. If not, contact EAA headquarters or the FAA. so they can put you in touch with the correct and proper knowledge expert on LSA regulations and procedures. This will answer 1-3. #4 should be answered by a simple phone call to your insurance agent. Hope this helps. You have raised interesting issues and questions, I and I'm sure others on this forum would like to know the answers.

Good luck!

I know of one person who highly recommended http://www.sportaviationspecialties....R_Services.htm for the S-LSA to E-LSA conversion. Also ctflier.com has a recent thread on the process you may want to read. Several have done the process and I don't believe any saw an increase in insurance. YMMV.