Thread: Is Amarillo chapter still active

Is Amarillo chapter still active

I went to the EAA website chapter finding page and found one in Amarillo. However, the phone number had an invalid area code. I called the number using the most common Amarillo area code, 806, but got a "not in service" message. I sent a message to the email address listed on the chapter information but never got a reply. The chapter has a website but when you click on "Contact" you get nothing. Is it still active and does anyone know how to contact a chapter officer? Also, might there be any other chapters in the local area?

I dont have any good info, but there are two airports in Am, the large intenationl one with airlined service and also some gen av. The other one is Tradewinds, with only gen av. I would phone the FBO there just on the change they might know of an EAA member there.

It’s not uncommon for some of the chapter sites to be stale. Call the Chapter Office and speak with one of the staff. They can give up a definitive answer and a POC if still active.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflyer View Post
    I went to the EAA website chapter finding page and found one in Amarillo. However, the phone number had an invalid area code.
    Was it an invalid area code, or just not a usual Amarillo area code?

With the proliferation of cell use and our mobile society, I don’t find area codes locked into a set area. Our Chapter has several members who’ve relocated here but they keep their old phone number.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello, please contact our chapters office and they'll be able to let you know the status on this and who you should contact in Amarillo. The best email to reach a member of the chapters team is chapters@eaa.org. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflyer View Post
    I went to the EAA website chapter finding page and found one in Amarillo. However, the phone number had an invalid area code. I called the number using the most common Amarillo area code, 806, but got a "not in service" message. I sent a message to the email address listed on the chapter information but never got a reply. The chapter has a website but when you click on "Contact" you get nothing. Is it still active and does anyone know how to contact a chapter officer? Also, might there be any other chapters in the local area?

The EAA website gave the chapter phone as 180-xxx-xxxx so my guesses were 1-806, the Amarillo area code or 1-800. I guess I could try all 10 80x area codes but that would take awhile.

Thanks