Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help from the EAA to save the model airplane hobby

There was no specific reason given, we simply inquired about participation and was told the ARC was full. FAA determines ARC membership at their discretion.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Then I think EAA needs to bypass the FAA and go to a higher level, like Senator Inhofe, the President and others.
    It's supposed to be "We The People", not "We The Governed". You have my permission.

While we've been focused on sending a clear message directly to the FAA through the commenting process, all options are certainly on the table moving forward, including enlisting legislative support. We should have an update on the next incremental step we're taking next week.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Glad to hear that Tom, thank you.

Tom, Sean and everyone at EAA, thank you for all that you have done in helping to defend traditional model aviation.

Travis

Old RC hobby video. Hopefully together we can keep this great segment of aviation going!

https://youtu.be/XcXGJ0s0630

My model aircraft exposure began in the late 40's when my father built a sheet balsa Piper Cub replica with spring rod landing gear and rubber band powered propeller. I was moving from the living room to the dining room when this contraption came skittering across the floor and twisted a bit and ran into arm chair to sit on it's tail dragger gear with the carved balsa wood propeller winding down. I was a toddler at the time.

My first experience with drafting an opinion about a regulation for a certification authority came in 1965 when I was asked by some Advance Design Engineers at Douglas Aircraft to help demanding any Executive jet conform to regulations on windshield bird strike.

This came partly from vulnerability while licensing the Piaggio Douglas 808 and mostly from the same forces that have led to RJ time not being mainline time.

After my former roommate came and joined Engineering Laboratories as a employee and described tests using live anesthetized chickens shot from air cannons while enclosed in ice cream cartons at DC-10 windshield samples I no longer heard about Learjet.

I had seen and listened to a LEAR 4 track tape player as used on the airplane and later had a MUNZ 8 track in my truck I listened to James Taylor driving down to Miramar for "TopGun" graduations. It was driving past the Ann Arbor airport in Pittsfield township that a pheasant flushed and came trough the passenger side of my 1948 Ford windshield and landed expended on my back package shelf. My roommate was learning to fly there.
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 04-09-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: easier reading