Thread: Latest Boeing Crash

Latest Boeing Crash

At a time when Boeing is in a dive, there is another crash in Iran, this time a standard 737, not the Max, and it happened minutes after takeoff during climb, no mayday call, one story is a witness saw an engine fire. My guess is some type of explosive device, not just a natural cause.
    Their govt there says they will not send the "black boxes" to Boeing or the U S. I can understand why there is a distrust about this, however I hope they have a tech expert from Boeing and the NTSB travel there and share the downloading of the data to find the cause.

By the way, Boeing now says that when/if the Max flies again crews should have a simulator program to transition into the new plane.

Banned
    Nobody knows nothin'. No credible evidence to support any conjecture or theory or fact...yet. The Cause always takes a lot of time and intense investigation. All we have right now is way too many talking head journalists speaking tens of thousands of words and saying absolutely nothing. Under the circumstances and the country of crash origin, nobody knows if the cause will ever be known. It will at least take as long to come to credibly conclude as the Malaysia Airlines plane that was shot down by Russians ironically over Ukraine a few years ago.

63 Canadians died in this crash, the most of any nationals on this flight, so sad. Under current ICAO rules that means that Canada's TSB has a right to be involved in the investigation and certainly The TSB has the expertise to analyze black boxes. But Iran,for now, is reluctant to invite any outsiders to help investigate. They MAY have much to hide?!?

There are news reports that say an Iran missle shot the plane down and reports that say that is not likley. It may get to be a case of "altenate facts". Hope not, what really matters is the passengers lives.

Banned
    Prime Minister Trudeau has just announced publicly that international intelligence sources have provided credible evidence that suggests the plane was hit by an Iranian surface to air missle.

Canada ended diplomatic relations with Iran in 2012. He told the Iranian foreign office that they must immediately provide visas to consular services personnel, TSB and loved ones of the dead passengers to enter Iran for purposes of open and thorough investigation of the crash as well as family members to identify bodies and repatriate them.

I wonder why the Ukrainian president was so quick to write off terrorism so fast.

The missile story sounds possible, but it may change. Years ago there was an airliner that left NY and blew up in midair. Someone who I know from EAA wrote a story about a U S missile fired by the Navy going off course and hitting the plane. The source was a man who I know of, tho not personally and who was said to have inside knowledge from the military. It was a conspiracy feast. Perhaps within a year the NTSB examination of the wreckage determined the cause to be electrical wiring shorts and sparks. The source soon admitted that he made the whole thing up about the missile , not an exaggeration, but created from scratch. No reason was give for that, as far as I know.

The latest news says that the intel folks have satellite data showing the launch of a russian type of missile at the time the airline took off. And the Iranians are reported to be bulldozing the crash site. Sounds like a major screw up and coverup.

Best of luck,

Wes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    The missile story sounds possible, but it may change. Years ago there was an airliner that left NY and blew up in midair. Someone who I know from EAA wrote a story about a U S missile fired by the Navy going off course and hitting the plane. The source was a man who I know of, tho not personally and who was said to have inside knowledge from the military. It was a conspiracy feast. Perhaps within a year the NTSB examination of the wreckage determined the cause to be electrical wiring shorts and sparks. The source soon admitted that he made the whole thing up about the missile , not an exaggeration, but created from scratch. No reason was give for that, as far as I know.
    No need to talk about a shoot down conspiracy that never happened when there are so many well documented real shoot down tragedies that did.

Four commercial airliners have been shot down since 1983.

In 1983 soviet fighters downed Korean Airlines Flight 007, all 269 killed.

In 1988 the USS Vincennes navy cruiser shot down Iran Air Flight 655, all 290 killed. US government apologized 8 years later and paid compensation to victims families.

In 2001 Ukranian forces shot down a Siberian Airlines plane, all 78 people killed.

In 2014 Malaysian Airlines B777 shot down by pro Russian rebels fighting Ukraine's government. All 298 killed. 3 Russians and a Ukranian were charged with murder.

And now number 5. And the beat goes on....all 176 including so many young people killed. Remind me to only fly El Al in the Middle East or other conflict zones. Most if not all their airliners are equipped with anti-missle detection, evasion and defensive capabiliies.

Iran says it 'unintentionally' shot down Ukrainian jetliner | Associated Press

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran announced Saturday that its military “unintentionally” shot down the Ukrainian jetliner that crashed earlier this week, killing all 176 aboard, after the government had repeatedly denied Western accusations that it was responsible.

A military statement carried by state media said the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Revolutionary Guard. The military was at its “highest level of readiness,” it said, amid the heightened tensions with the United States.
    Last edited by Scooper; 01-10-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    - Stan Cooper (K4DRD), Private Pilot ASEL, LSR-I, EAA 115792 Lifetime Member, EAA Chapter 124
    Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B, N601KE, KSTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    By the way, Boeing now says that when/if the Max flies again crews should have a simulator program to transition into the new plane.
    Quote a famous test pilot... a man who hurled into the unknown...

"Know your systems"

or say hello to mean old Mr.Gravity...

Name:  ChuckYeagerX1.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  88.6 KB