Thread: Weldment Profiles - not loading properly in Solidworks 2019-2020

Weldment Profiles - not loading properly in Solidworks 2019-2020

Hi All - I'm having an issue getting Weldments profiles loaded in SW 2019. I've read about a dozen articles on how to do this - and it's not complicated, but it just wont work for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Here is what I've done so far:
    1) Gone to Design Library / Solidowrks Content / Weldments - and then downloaded the ANSI Inch profiles.
    2) Unzipped these profiles and placed into the proper Solidworks directory (as indicated by Options/ file locations / Weldments)

The results are:
    I can see the profiles when using Weldments but only partially: I see the "Standard" (ANSI Inch), and I see the "Type" (specific profile), but I do not see the "size" as an option.

I've tried creating folders to represent the right structure, etc... but nothing works. It appears that the pre-loaded profiles all have multiple size configurations built into the profile sketch (ex. I-beam has 3 sizes). But the additional profiles I loaded are only 1 size each (a separate sketch for each size). However, these profiles weer loaded directly from the Solidworks Reference Library - so I'd think they should work?

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks

Each profile size needs its own separate file unless something has changed in versions newer than 2016. The VR3 website has available for download almost every size you'll need for a steel tube structure. What may be missing can often be created using "Save As" to create a different size or wall thickness.

Adding to the above -- I looked at v.2018 and it is the same as the older versions. My weldments folders look like this;

Name:  temp.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  51.6 KB

My Aircraft Tubing folder has these files plus a bunch more;

Name:  Temp1.jpg
Views: 2671
Size:  91.2 KB

In SWx 2018 the dialog has the Aircraft Tubing folder selected under Type;

Name:  TEMP-2.JPG
Views: 2577
Size:  33.3 KB

And the files in that folder are shown when you select the Size field;