Thread: Drone Attack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drone Attack

Think of the recent drone strike on the Iranian general from a technology standpoint. First of all we must have had very good intelligence to find the one car the two generals were in and where is was going to be at a specific time. I don't know how this was done, perhaps by satellite surveillance aided by people on the ground, and it may well be confidential so we don't know much anytime soon. And most of all, that a drone can be that effective, that is can find a specific target and launch a missile just at that target an destroy a vehicle without unwanted destruction to the area or civilians. I wonder where the drone was launched from and what its range is and how and from where it was controlled? And again. the specifics of this may be confidential.
    I have been reading the Orielly book, KILLING THE RISING SUN, about fighting the war in the Pacific, and while is it s not primarily about the atomic bomb, one thing about the weapons of that time, be it B-29s with conventional bombs or the nuclear ones, was that they were not very precise, they had to target whole cities and not the surgical precision of these drones. I have seen the drones on display at Nellis AFB and they are not so impressive looking, but in action they seem to do the job. And as for as what the job is in this case, that is a whole nother matter, I don't know much about the strategy or other than the tech parts of the story.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-04-2020 at 09:45 AM.