Thread: Nieuport 11 Ailerons

Nieuport 11 Ailerons

I have a near complete Nieuport 11 and would like to finish it up. With no tooling available to build I'm either looking for the Ailerons for this Nieuport build or someone with the skills to build them. I reside in Arizona and would like to complete this project instead of using it as a dust collector. Any help would be terrific. Jim JimnLynda@gmail.com

What type of Nieuport build? Graham Lee replica, Aerodrome aircraft, Redfern....?

Ron Wanttaja

Graham Lee, Nieuport 11

Jim Devany

Quote Originally Posted by JimDev57 View Post
    Graham Lee, Nieuport 11
    Depending on what level of work has been completed on your wings, ailerons from someone else's CIRCA Nieuport may not be right. IIRC, the Lee Nieuports use eyebolts as hinges, and someone else may have drilled the holes for the eyebolts in a slightly different location than your airplane.

Control surfaces on the CIRCA Nieuports are pretty simple...should be able to build ailerons using hand tools. The control horn might be awkward, but your local EAA chapter may have someone with an aluminum-cutting bandsaw. Though I've made them using a saber saw with a fine blade.

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks Ron for your valuable input. I'll contact my local EAA folks for help.

Jim