Thread: PDM?

PDM?

Does anyone know if we get access to the PDM software? Might make a group project go a little easier.

Mike have you used PDM before? We've got it at work and there are a huge number of users on it. Unfortunately, when it was set up, no one took responsibility for setting up and administering conventions. It's one monster cluster. There have been times that I have had to go over 200 levels down the directory tree on a single part number to find the actual document that I want. Other times, I have to do a brute force search and pull up every reference to a base part number to find the information.

With a small collaboration effort, you are much better off using some sort of cloud storage, with a single administrator, with files controlled by a naming convention...something like p/n-user-date and time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeos98 View Post
    Does anyone know if we get access to the PDM software? Might make a group project go a little easier.
    That's the only module we do not get with Education Premium.

So this is really dated but with 2019-20 we get PDM Professional although it doesn't get downloaded or installed by default. SolidWorks Explorer is no longer available. I just started a thread asking about installation.