Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-28 Annual Inspection Checklist

Why can't we "like" posts in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    The A version had an R-1300 and the B/C version had the R-1820. I'm guessing the engine change drove the exhaust change and also resulted in the altered exhaust note.
    I agree, the extra two cylinders mandated a different exhaust, but it's the exhaust that makes the odd noise in the A model.

I can't believe that you used "Bill" and "like" in the same sentence. That's a first.

In a serious mode, here's two actual T-28 stories: I had a friend in Florida, time T-28 owner and he was flying low over a lake near his house at Leeward Air Ranch at Ocala when a goose or other big bird came right through the top part of the canopy and despite him having on a helmet it knocked him unconscious. His wife was in the back seat and while not fully a pilot she was experienced and able to grab the controls and keep it flying. He came to in time to land, fortunately.

My friend an long time EAA co pilot, Maj Warner Giles was in Vietnam and assigned to help instruct the S Vietnam air force who were flying T-28s at the time. The pilots were officers and mostly from the upper classes education wise and economics wise in their society and they didn't want any part of flying at night over the jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I can't believe that you used "Bill" and "like" in the same sentence. That's a first.
    "I like to give Bill a hard time."

Ron "That's twice" Wanttaja

“.....and they didn't want any part of flying at night over the jungle.”

Who in there right mind would?

Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun