Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camping at A/V

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    So, are you camping at SHFCG or Scholler?
    Sleepy Hollow

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Did you get the newsletter from Jeff/Sleepy Hollow Farm? It had the 2020 registration form with it.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Did you get the newsletter from Jeff/Sleepy Hollow Farm? It had the 2020 registration form with it.
    No, not yet. Haven't decided if I'm driving or flying next year. I want to fly in at least once in my life and 2020 may be it.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Yup! Already sent-in my reservation request and heard back from Pam.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I've only been to Oshkosh once (but I'm going to start going every year). So, FWIW, we stayed in one of the water-electric sites (L12) in our smallish (31') motor home. Doing so had several advantages: A/C in case it got hot and we needed a cool spot to rest for a while (we did), water for showers and bathroom (we have enough holding capacity to make it through our stay), and power for miscellaneous things (like frig, lights, computers, charging, etc.). Our site was just a few spaces off of Schaick Avenue, which made it easy to walk to and from the flight line. Downside: it was WAY expensive, especially since I reserved days in advance (and had to pay for the advance days). Still, it was worth it for us--we're getting on in years and beyond the "camping" phase of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipRD View Post
    I've only been to Oshkosh once (but I'm going to start going every year). So, FWIW, we stayed in one of the water-electric sites (L12) in our smallish (31') motor home. Doing so had several advantages: A/C in case it got hot and we needed a cool spot to rest for a while (we did), water for showers and bathroom (we have enough holding capacity to make it through our stay), and power for miscellaneous things (like frig, lights, computers, charging, etc.). Our site was just a few spaces off of Schaick Avenue, which made it easy to walk to and from the flight line. Downside: it was WAY expensive, especially since I reserved days in advance (and had to pay for the advance days). Still, it was worth it for us--we're getting on in years and beyond the "camping" phase of our lives.
    I'm not fimilar with that area, L12, but I see on the Camp Scholler map that W/E sites start around 20th st off of Schaick ave and go on into the 40's or so. Last year, well, 2018, we were way out in an extended area and it was 24 hr generator use but we didn't need it. Not sure what my plans are this year other than being there, and I definitely know what you mean about the "camping" phase !

Quick question for "Glampers" Where is the water fill location at Schooler where I can fill my tank ? Cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Quick question for "Glampers" Where is the water fill location at Schooler where I can fill my tank ? Cost ?
    Water fill is at the same location as the dump station near the campground south gate on Stitts. Doesn't cost a thing.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  17.5 KB
    Last edited by krw920; 01-13-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    Water fill is at the same location as the dump station near the campground south gate on Stitts. Doesn't cost a thing.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  17.5 KB

Can you only fill/dump on your way in/out of the campgrounds? Or can you access during show? Forgive my ignorance...have not camped before but planning to this year.

I have seen R/V's make the trip several times. Undoubtedly, no one was willing to use the shower houses or port a jons.