Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aviation History Made Dec. 10 2019

They will need a major electric grid upgrade to charge 50 Beavers onsite.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Unfortunately for most green energy solutions, the image is mort important than the science and facts. We’re slowly getting there but it’s not the panacea the greenies want us all to believe.
    As for the HA flight I would be interested to know that change in the Beaver’s empty weight was.
    I'd be more interested where the financing came from? Canada is big on "Green" and fake Windmills.

Jake Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    I'd be more interested where the financing came from? Canada is big on "Green" and fake Windmills.

Jake Speed
    That comment brings to mind the common sentiment in western Canada that all the problems we are having getting our oil to world markets is due to influence from our southern neighbours who like to keep our oil well below world price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    They will need a major electric grid upgrade to charge 50 Beavers onsite.
    I wonder what the actual cost "per mile" or kilometer or MPG it woulsd take to produce the electricity to travel a certain distance as compaired to gasoline.
    Bob, and no, I'm not going to spend any of my time to try to figure it out. It was a fleeting moment that passed through my mind.

The cost of electricity is much less than gasoline. The cost of the batteries can be significant, depending how they are discharged/charged.

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    That comment brings to mind the common sentiment in western Canada that all the problems we are having getting our oil to world markets is due to influence from our southern neighbours who like to keep our oil well below world price.
    How does Mexico accomplish this?

Jake Speed

Can I fly it??? I promise not to gone long...

Lets see a Tesla battery is roughly 1,200 lbs but sports the energy of about 2.5
    gallons of gas... So to equal 50 gallons of aviation fuel I'll need about 25,000 lbs of
    batteries... no???
    Last edited by BusyLittleShop; 12-16-2019 at 12:07 AM.

I dont know how mexico is doing but I know oil we export to USA is priced far below west texas crude.
    This is syncrude oil the most refined oil in the world.
    To be fair it is our own govt that is restricting our exports whether it is responding to environmental pressure created by American lobby groups.
    Political interference by outside countries is nothing new.

Isn’t 1200 lbs the fuel load for a Beaver????
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    I dont know how mexico is doing but I know oil we export to USA is priced far below west texas crude.
    This is syncrude oil the most refined oil in the world.
    To be fair it is our own govt that is restricting our exports whether it is responding to environmental pressure created by American lobby groups.
    Political interference by outside countries is nothing new.
    I know this quite well. It's no longer the last 16 years. Environmentalists are now in the back seat and efforts are made to keep them there, at lest in the US. Political and Lobbying efforts are at their lowest.

I've been to Canada many times, I especially like Old Quebec City. Wonderful people.

Jake Speed