Thread: Is santa coming your way?

Is santa coming your way?

The latest employment figures are out and are really good, almost giddy. New jobs about 250,000 month and remmember 10 years ago unemployment topped out about 10% ! Now it is 3.5%. Economist consider full employment to be anything under 5%, so this is the best in 50 years.
    In light of these new figures, and which you can see help wanted signs all over places like Austin and Denver, and our local newspaper, is anyone spending extra money or finally opening the checkbook for Christmas.
    Anybody buying a new plane or major rebuild or all that new Garmin stuff which I dont know how to operate?

P S and yes for those who are not happy unless they have something to be unhappy about, I am aware that many jobs may be at the lower end of the pay scale, but even pay is rising for those jobs too, finally.

Well yes, I see nothing but good in my business.
    I'm finishing my RV9A with all Garmin this year. My plan is to fly it by years (2020) end. Bought the projest in October of 2018 and all my Garmin "sutff" this past month. SO, yes, it's been very good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    The latest employment figures are out and are really good, almost giddy. New jobs about 250,000 month and remmember 10 years ago unemployment topped out about 10% ! Now it is 3.5%. Economist consider full employment to be anything under 5%, so this is the best in 50 years.
    Yes, looks like the previous administration turned things around, after the recession of 2008.

It's flattening out, now, but that's to be expected when it nears a minima.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    In light of these new figures, and which you can see help wanted signs all over places like Austin and Denver, and our local newspaper, is anyone spending extra money or finally opening the checkbook for Christmas.
    Anybody buying a new plane or major rebuild or all that new Garmin stuff which I dont know how to operate?
    I bought ADS-B out this year, I can't afford anything else fancy.

However, my wife (who receives every catalog known to man) found this in the J. Peterman listing... a reproduction WWI leather flying coat:

It's quite pricey, though...almost half the cost of the ADS-B. I think it'd be difficult to climb into and out of the Fly Baby while wearing it. The tiny fighter pilots of 1918 probably could handle it, but I think getting my big 'ol self into the cockpit might be a bit difficult, with this blocking my legs.

In any case, bet my B-3 is warmer....

Ron Wanttaja

2 new props, two fuel injection system overhauls and the ADS-B Out...I will be lucky my airplane out of annual for Christmas!
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com