Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EAA suing the SOS Brothers?

I guess EAA is going to sue these people too:

https://getknitevents.com/ns-brewery-overnight/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I just skimmed the complaint.

Pitiful. Whether EAA wins in court or obtains a settlement, this is an over-reach by the EAA. I'm extremely disappointed that they are so <I don't like this word> greedy that they would try to suck the air out of a business which has found a way to offer a legal, legitimate product that EAA does not offer.
    Are you takling about bikinis? EAA has been selling beer for a few years now.

hey SOS.....drop the logo, drop the Beer Venture, KEEP the bikinis. you won't see a nickel's worth of drop in revenue. never cease to be amazed how stupid some business people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Are you takling about bikinis? EAA has been selling beer for a few years now.
    Do they sell beer, brats, and other food at reasonable prices from 11 AM (or whatever) until midnight?

The "inside the fence" prices stink, the food is average at best, and the EAA concessions close by early evening.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    hey SOS.....drop the logo, drop the Beer Venture, KEEP the bikinis. you won't see a nickel's worth of drop in revenue. never cease to be amazed how stupid some business people can be.
    A) You're right.
    B) EAA is being heavy-handed (again) and apparently the SOS brothers have chosen to act on principle, rather than based on taking the easy path. The SOS brothers have a history with EAA, so I'm sure that contributes.

A) You're right.
    B) EAA is being heavy-handed (again) and apparently the SOS brothers have chosen to act on principle, rather than based on taking the easy path. The SOS brothers have a history with EAA, so I'm sure that contributes.
    Yeah, I guess having the EAA evict you from your own land and illegal tortuous interference with their business over the years probably wears a little thin on them. The SOS's are just a bit more vocal than the other locals the EAA has crapped all over through the years.

Overreach

I just skimmed the complaint.

Pitiful. Whether EAA wins in court or obtains a settlement, this is an over-reach by the EAA. I'm extremely disappointed that they are so <I don't like this word> greedy that they would try to suck the air out of a business which has found a way to offer a legal, legitimate product that EAA does not offer.
    I have watched EAA slowly disintegrate into a large commercial entity for the last decade and slowly loose the values of the original founders. From buttering up to the large donors to destroying historical aircraft for parts, I am not surprised by this latest action. Guess this is the Current state of EAA..... sad.
    Don

It seems the EAA is only concerned, rightfully, about the use of their copyrighted logos by an outside entity. Dick K says SOS can run their business as they see fit, just without using EAA trademarked property. I don't understand why SOS is being a dick about this. The 5 homeowners located between SOS and the gate offer lower priced parking, food, drink and t-shirts without any repercussions from EAA because they don't claim affiliation with EAA. It was unclear who was spun up about the SOS bikini babes, the EAA or the local media.

Disclaimer: I'm a regular SOS customer.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    It seems the EAA is only concerned, rightfully, about the use of their copyrighted logos by an outside entity. Dick K says SOS can run their business as they see fit, just without using EAA trademarked property. I don't understand why SOS is being a dick about this. The 5 homeowners located between SOS and the gate offer lower priced parking, food, drink and t-shirts without any repercussions from EAA because they don't claim affiliation with EAA. It was unclear who was spun up about the SOS bikini babes, the EAA or the local media.

Disclaimer: I'm a regular SOS customer.
    The complaint specifically mentions bikini wearing girls (women?) serving beer and the EAA's family oriented atmosphere. Given that several of the vendors inside the fence use provocatively dressed women to draw attention to their displays, I think EAA is disingenuous at best around that issue. And since there are beer sales on the EAA grounds...

Trademarks and copyrights are too different things. Sos hasn't gone anywhere near copyright violation. Whether "Beer venture" is a trademark violation is up for argument. A lot of the info in the press release is WRONG by the way (reporters don't understand the law any better than they do aviation). You can read the actual complaint in my previous post. I didn't include the exhibits, but they're pretty much the EAA cutting and pasting pieces of the the Airventure website and pictures of SOS's t-shirts and beer coozies with Beer Venture written on them.