Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: EAA suing the SOS Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Thanks, SOS is listed with a pic on Google Earth too. Yep....WAY too far for me to schlepp just to drink a beer in Wisconsin - LOL
    Randy, I heard that they might have shuttles at Oshk --oh, I mean Airventure. Maybe one of those passes close by.

Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

'
    Randy, I heard that they might have shuttles at Oshk'

What's this you say? Shuttles? Trams? Now THAT is something I'll have to investigate!

LOL
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Depending upon your time with EAA, myself included, occasionally refer to the show as convention. And I still think of Class B airspace as a TCA . [I]That which is learned first is best learned.
    Yea, along the same lines as far as I am concerned that big white building in Champaign where they play basketball is the Assembly Hall, I don't care what some insurance company paid them to call it something else.

Anyone know an address for the Sosnoski family? I'd like to send them a few bucks to help with their legal expenses. Better yet, do you think there's enough interest to support a Go Fund Me page?

Just put up a sign near the SOS bikini ladies: Not Affiliated with Airventure
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 12-03-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Just put up a sign near the SOS bikini ladies: Not Affiliated with Airventure
    Logical, conciliatory idea.

Better idea: body paint it on their bellies.

Lets not let this die, guys. That's what EAA is hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Anyone know an address for the Sosnoski family? I'd like to send them a few bucks to help with their legal expenses. Better yet, do you think there's enough interest to support a Go Fund Me page?
    Don't know about an address but they do have a Facebook page. Also, you could check tax records and that will give you the address of the property owner.
    Bob

[QUOTE=Sirota;79024]Anyone know an address for the Sosnoski family? I'd like to send them a few bucks to help with their legal expenses. Better yet, do you think there's enough interest to support a Go Fund Me page?

Why???
    Companies are involved in trademark infringement lawsuits all the time. Trademarks are what make them commercially recognizable and viable. SOS obviously ripped off the EAA symbol logo and EAA has AIRVENTURE as a legally registered trademark with the USPTO. Look at the pics posted earlier in this thread. Just because it’s the Sosnoski family you think that EAA doesn’t have the right to protect its image? If there is still bad blood as some contend then the Sosnoski brothers are either arrogant or stupid or maybe a little bit of both to have set themselves up for this.
    There are over 100 bars and taverns registered in the Oshkosh area. Some of them are real dives. SOS may not be the classiest operation but I do think EAA’s claim that they are damaging the family environment is a stretch.
    Bottom line......
    If you find EAA’s actions that onerous then vote with your feet and money.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Lets not let this die, guys. That's what EAA is hoping for.
    Agreed!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org