Thread: Interior Restorations

Interior Restorations

I am looking at various options for refurbishing the interior of my Cherokee. I have been looking at the Airtex, Aviation Creations, TNWings and Evolution websites. I have quotes for turn key exterior paint and interior work from Evolution but I'm afraid it would be a logistical issue flying from Georgia to Texas then having to fly back home commercial while they work on the plane. I have not ruled that out but want to evaluate all options before deciding what is best. Those of you that have done interior refurbishments, how much did you do yourself and who did you do business with? How happy were you with the outcome? I have already replaced my carpet but need to reupholster seats and replace wall panels. Thanks for any help you can share.

Over on the Cherokee boards is a lot of info on interior remodels i.e. what materials are acceptable and where to get work done. Many of the guys are choosing to work with a local upholstry shop and do all of it themselves.

You might check and see if your local community college has an upholstery class. They should have the commercial sewing machines you need and sometimes you can get your material and supplies at half price.
    Steve.
    Last edited by Ramp Rat; 12-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Send it to Jack.. "Stitch"
    http://www.recovery-shop.com/

he can't be beat. price or quality.

Thanks for the suggestions and link to the Recovery Shop. It certainly gives me more options to explore. I'll have to check them all out. Thanks again!