Thread: Hangar Availability at KOSH?

Hangar Availability at KOSH?

I was wondering what hangar availability is like at KOSH. I talked to someone at an FBO just now, and they said that there is a long waiting list. Does that sound right? If so, what alternatives are available?

Thanks for any info.

Many airports have a waiting list for hangars, so I'd be surprised if OSH didn't have a very long one, indeed. Tiedowns are, of course, easier to get. But if you really need a hangar in that area, you'll have to check at other airports (Appleton, Fond du Lac, etc.). This is all assuming you're looking to base your aircraft there. If it is just for Airventure, I don't know enough to help you except to say that may be even tougher.

Larry N.

Thanks for the reply, Inuss. I am indeed thinking about basing an aircraft there. I'll call around on Monday, see what KOSH and the other airports you mentioned have to say.

It's my understanding that everything is full here at OSH. Haven't heard anything about any available hangars in quite a while.
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    It's my understanding that everything is full here at OSH. Haven't heard anything about any available hangars in quite a while.
    Since this is EAA’s home turf, and I presume AirVenture benefits KOSH, it’s too bad they couldn’t use their clout to help address this.

If hangars are full, clout would just kick some folks out, since OSH doesn't have enough hangar space to accomodate ALL of EAA members. Not a good idea, IMO. There's a limit...

Larry N.