Thread: 24V aircraft battery charger.....would these work?

24V aircraft battery charger.....would these work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOCO-G7200-...UAAOSwxZVdaVSt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-10A-Aut...el!60142!US!-1

Would one of the two chargers linked above work for charging a 24V flooded lead acid battery?

Thanks.

I know nothing about the second one, but the Genius chargers are the bomb-diggity. And it is designed to charge 24V batteries.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I know nothing about the second one, but the Genius chargers are the bomb-diggity. And it is designed to charge 24V batteries.
    he he.....OK Bomb-digity....is that good or bad? Not sure what this means. I guess I’m not keeping up with what the cool kids are saying nowadays....

Very good.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

It's best to go with a charger that the battery manufacturer recommends. If you are looking for a Battery Minder type charger, go with the exact one. Battery chemistry varies from brand to brand. If you use the wrong charger on your battery it can shorten its life.

We started using Battery Minders on our fleet of C-206s and are getting batteries to last for over 2 years . . . first time every. If you add one year to an aircraft battery's life it has paid for the Battery Minder.

Quote Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
    Would one of the two chargers linked above work for charging a 24V flooded lead acid battery?
    yes.

Some aircraft batteries require a very low amp charge if they are fully discharged. Check the manual for your battery before you buy a charger.

That said, I bought this battery maintainer a few years back to keep the battery charged in one of my old Porsches that has a slow drain. It is the same model Porsche was selling at the time, it was about half the price without the Porsche name on it. I use it on all the farm equipment that sits for a couple months without running. It has a detachable permanent cord that I installed on the Porsche & battery post clamps that I use on everything else. It starts at a very low charge if the battery is almost dead.

Name:  IMG_20191025_165007413.jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  91.6 KB

I love my NOCO. I have a G7200 on my plane and a G750 on my Porsche. The G7200 will also desulfate a 12v battery (but not a 24v). I have a tenant that is a battery wholesaler and NOCO is what they recommend.

All through Sirota...........thanks!