Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amelia Earhart Search Update

The story of Japanese capture and killing and disposing of the plane without a trace, means that hundreds of soldiers and sailors, not to mention those in charge back in Japan that would have made such a large decision, would have had to keep it secret all these 82 years and other than the testimony of a few natives on Saipan, no contradictory evidence of their guilt has ever come forward, not even rumors. Now is that possible, is it likely? Japan was a closed society very militaristic and dictatorial so maybe it could be kept under wraps all that time. During the war when Japan was beginning to lose and being driven back from the islands, the pilots going home on leave were told not to talk about the battles and certainly not about their losses. I don't think they had independent media people out on the battlefield like the Allies did.

Banned
    The Ballard expedition, funded by National Geographic, was filmed and made into a documentary which airs on Sunday, Oct.20.

SPOILER ALERT: Nothing happens! Nothing ever happens! Leave the poor girl alone. Let her memory rest in peace.

I like the Buddy Brennen version. Amelia was being naughty and spying on the Japanese for the US gov. She was shot down, taken prisoner and executed several yrs later, just before Americans invaded. He found a witness that saw her blindfolded and executed under a breadfruit tree on Saipan. He went to the same breadfruit tree, dug a hole and found a tattered piece of cloth - yes! the actual blindfold (lol) used when she was executed. Of course the US gov. knew all about this so they were in on the conspiracy to keep it quiet for 80+ yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    I like the Buddy Brennen version. Amelia was being naughty and spying on the Japanese for the US gov. She was shot down, taken prisoner and executed several yrs later, just before Americans invaded. He found a witness that saw her blindfolded and executed under a breadfruit tree on Saipan. He went to the same breadfruit tree, dug a hole and found a tattered piece of cloth - yes! the actual blindfold (lol) used when she was executed. Of course the US gov. knew all about this so they were in on the conspiracy to keep it quiet for 80+ yrs.
    Now I need a couple of ibuprofen. I have a headache caused by my eyeballs rolling so hard.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    .....and Noonan, what became of him? His parents called me, they're really upset that people only talk about Amelia.

I confess!!!

I've kept Amelia in a cage in my basement right next to my living Sasquatch, both of them sitting on piles of treasure from Oak Island.

I'm sorry - why? was somebody looking for them???
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

You guys waste SO much of my time. I went looking for a Sgt. Schultz "Jolly jokers" pic to post here, and ended up watching a full episode of Hogan's Heroes on Youtube. It's all your fault.

Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I went looking for a Sgt. Schultz "Jolly jokers" pic to post here, and ended up watching a full episode of Hogan's Heroes on Youtube.
    Loved that show. "I see nutting."

A skull was found on Nikkomuro in 1940 and originally identified as male. The bones disappeared for years but have been preserved. Now a U of S Florida researcher thinks they may be female and about Amelia's size. DNA from them has been sent for testing. I wonder if the material if too deteriorated for a valid test? I think it is really unlikely to be her's but who knows.