Thread: Missing YE Flight Credits from YoungEaglesDay.org

Missing YE Flight Credits from YoungEaglesDay.org

Is anyone else missing YE credits for individual (ie non-rally event) flights registered through YEday.org?

For clarity ... individual YE flights use a special URL as found under your Profile on the YEDay website such as http://yeday.org?Pxxx

Back in June I started using the registration system at YoungEaglesDay.org (aka http://yeday.org/) for Young Eagle Flights. Kudos to the EAA and Don White for this solution ... whether used for larger YE Events or Individual YE flights, its an easy way for parents to pre-register and provides one with all the information needed to generate Flight Certificates, Registration Forms, etc.

Everything appeared to be working for Individual flights (where you fly YE outside of a rally) ... until I got a note from one of the kids parents about a month after their June flight wondering when they would show up in the "World's Largest Logbook." That seemed odd as I had not only marked the flight "completed" per instructions but also mailed in the back up documentation right after the flight. I then looked up other Individual YE flights I had flown (and booked through the system) and noticed they too were missing.

So this is where the "exasperation" begins.

• July 7: Sent a note via the YE website inquiring about the missing June flights. Received an email back from Don White explaining that he sends a feed "up to EAA HQ every morning at 7am ET and it takes a hour or so for the logbook to be updated."
    • July 7: Replied to Don with more details of the missing flights. I had copies of the signed permission slips so I was able to provide Registration IDs
    • July 10: Received a note from Don saying "it might be after Air Venture before it''s looked at by EAA HQ. They are just too busy right now."
    • August 3: Sent a follow-up email to Don as I continued to use the new system for Individual flights and noticed these flights were also missing. Checked with a couple of other local pilots using the software for YE Rallies and their data was flowing through. Could it be Individual flights were getting dropped / not included from the feed to HQ?
    • August 12: No reply from Don. Sent an email to yeagles@eaa.org (an address I found on the YE website) with a recap of the issue. No reply.
    • August 21: Sent a PM to Sam Oleson via the forum. Sam promptly replied (thanks Sam for the professional courtesy). He suggested I contact the Young Eagles program manager Brian O'Lena and provided his contact information.
    • August 21: Forwarded a detailed note to Brian with as many details as I could put together. Received a prompt reply saying they would look into this.
    • Sept 9: No news. Sent a follow-up note to Brian asking if there was any additional information I could provide (including copies of the scanned and signed registration forms).
    • Oct 13: Still no reply from Brian or resolution to the issue.

I'm now missing 6 YE Flight credits, all Individual YE Flights registered via the new software from June - August.

All I want is to see is that these kids get their credit in the logbook (our small chapter wouldn't mind the associated credit as well).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• How do I resolve the issue with the missing YE flight credits?
    • Confirm whether or not the YEDay registration software has been checked / debugged and is in fact feeding completed Individual flights into HQ. Would be surprised if I'm the only volunteer pilot that has run into this on Individual flights
    • Confirm if the PO Box indicated on the electronically generated registration forms is correct? It indicates "Pilots must mail completed forms to EAA Young Eagles Office PO Box 2863 ..." Note on the full color 3-fold forms, the PO Box is 2683. Is this correct, or is the number transposed on the software generated forms?

Thanks -
    Last edited by RickG; 10-14-2019 at 05:08 AM. Reason: clarity

My three individual flights in September using the yeday.org site are in the same state- Not found when searching the Young Eagle logbook by young eagle name, not credited to me when searching the YE logbook by pilot name. We have another pilot in our chapter with the same results for his single individual flight in September.

Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    My three individual flights in September using the yeday.org site are in the same state- Not found when searching the Young Eagle logbook by young eagle name, not credited to me when searching the YE logbook by pilot name. We have another pilot in our chapter with the same results for his single individual flight in September.
    Jim - thanks for adding to this thread. I would encourage Chapter coordinators to reach out to their YE Pilot members who use the system for individual flights to check their records. Instinct suggests we are not the only folks in this boat and candidly, the lack of follow-thru from EAA is annoying. Had I not received an email from one of the parents back in June I probably would have not have paid much attention to the numbers.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've sent this along to Young Eagles manager Brian O'Lena and will report back. Thank you.

Any status update on this? My individual flights through the yeday website are not found in the logbook.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    Any status update on this? My individual flights through the yeday website are not found in the logbook.
    Hello, I would suggest emailing Brian O'Lena at bolena@eaa.org. He is aware of the situation and should be able to let you know any updates.

I will reach out again to Brian but it looks like we still have a problem with the YE Day website when logging individual YE Flights. Although the flights I documented in my first post from last summer were eventually recorded, I flew a YE on 12/28 (registered and properly processed through the site). Since then there have been two updates to the logbook (12/30, 1/6) and they are missing.

Thanks for this thread. it is very informative.