Thread: Lost Solidworks Simulation Tutorial with Control Arm

Lost Solidworks Simulation Tutorial with Control Arm

I was extremely happy to see that the EAA version now includes a full version of simulation. This will help me with my work on the Marquart Charger gear fix immensely. Here's my question: When I opened the new version I somehow found, and completed a simulation tutorial. It linked some downloadable exercises. I have now lost the location (in Solidworks) of that tutorial and it doesn't seem to be in any of the standard tutorial locations. Does anybody know where I can find it?
    Name:  control-arm.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  10.4 KB

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi,

What kind of simulation are you trying to do? Force simulation? Linear Statics?

Does this youtube clip help:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQ0gxq3bMs

Also try going to the Solidworks Help->Solidworks Tutorials. Look for a tutorial description that looks like the simulation you want to do. When the tutorial starts it usually gives you a link to the data you need for it.

Perhaps I didn't understand your need, but I hope this helps.

Jeffrey

Thanks for your reply. My post wasn't clear. First of all, I'm interested in static analysis.

When I started my new install of Solidworks 2019, it lead me to the tutorial referenced above. This tutorial simulated forces on the control arm pictured had follow on exercises, which I downloaded from Solidworks. After completion of the exercises was to come back to the tutorial to see if I had reached the correct conclusions.

Somehow, after a reboot of my PC, I cannot find the original tutorial, or the exercise conclusions.

It's a stupid situation, but I would like to find the original tutorial, which is NOT in the Solidworks tutorial collection.

Pat

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    OK Pat, I'm on holiday at the moment so I'll try and get back to you in a day or two. If I understood you correctly you saved a tutorial before you finished it, and now you want to get back to your saved state rather than the initial state when the tutorial started?

Jeffrey

Your assessment is correct, it is gone from SOLIDWORKS Tutorials. Here is a video of the tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HEsMuJ9QY