Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VFR flight from france

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nlcx View Post
    hello jake

i'm a french airline captain with 15000 hours, i'm an ifr but my aircarft is not. I'm also an type rating examiner on a320.

I'm also a glider pilot and use to make cross france flight for leisure.

Kindly

nicolas l
    beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    beautiful!!!
    Sigh...and you a Canadian, Floats. It's "Tres joli!"

Ron "The only other words I know are dirty" Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by Nlcx View Post
    hello jake

i'm a french airline captain with 15000 hours, i'm an IFR but my aircarft is not. i'm also an type rating examiner on A320.

i'm also a glider pilot and use to make cross france flight for leisure.

kindly

nicolas l
    Nicolas,

WOW! Unbelievable!

You have almost as many hours as I have. And I stopped counting.

Jake Speed

Hello jake

i have stopped counting a Time ago but my Airline do il for me

best regards

Hi gmate

thanks for all this info, i do not Know thé OPS GROUP very interesting reading.

flying on thé blue ferry route is part of the Dream

if you got other info, i will be glad

may be we will met in Oshkosh

kindly
    nicolas
    Last edited by Nlcx; 09-29-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Nicolas,

Please come. It will be a pleasure to meet you in Oshkosh and make you feel welcome in the US.
    A few years ago, one of your countrymen flew his homebuilt helicopter from France to Oshkosh. I don't have his contact. Perhaps you can find him.
    This year, Hermann flew from Germany to Oshkosh in his RV-8. There's lots of info on how he prepared his airplane and his survival gear as well as some great pictures in this thread http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=172403
    Paddy is just recently back to the US after flying to Dublin and back http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=160558
    Mark has also crossed in both directions http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ight=Greenland
    Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers, David
    RV-6A KBTF
    d(dot)nospamplease(at)gmail.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Sigh...and you a Canadian, Floats. It's "Tres joli!"

Ron "The only other words I know are dirty" Wanttaja
    It never occurred to me to reply in French since his English is so much "gooder" than my French.

Actually the words for beautiful are belle, beau and magnifique. Joli means pretty.

Both my kids went to French Immersion school from grades 1-12. They're still bilingual.

OK, you've got a marginal amount of fuel to make the legs involved. The longest leg is going to be right at 500nm. At 110 knots, you are going to suffer a lot in a headwind.

In addition to the fuel, you'll need an HF radio (the legal ones are bulky/heavy, but many people make do with illegally converted ham rigs that can be alot smaller).
    You'll need to get a life raft. You'll also need to figure out if you can fit into the thing with an immersion suit on.
    Then legally you need a bunch of survival gear going through Greenland: flares, signal mirrors, sleeping bag, food...

thank ron

i hope that i won't have to fight against a 50kt headwind but you are right it maight be a problem.

for the safety gear i 'm working on it but it's difficult to find the list of the compulsory stuff, i have found the raft at https://www.aerosafe.co.uk/acatalog/index.html .

for the HF i thought that their was a non hf routing but i have to found the reference, forget to pick it up when i read it, but a satcom tel may be sufficient i have to check that

thanks for your info

best regards
    nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    OK, you've got a marginal amount of fuel to make the legs involved. The longest leg is going to be right at 500nm. At 110 knots, you are going to suffer a lot in a headwind.

In addition to the fuel, you'll need an HF radio (the legal ones are bulky/heavy, but many people make do with illegally converted ham rigs that can be alot smaller).
    You'll need to get a life raft. You'll also need to figure out if you can fit into the thing with an immersion suit on.
    Then legally you need a bunch of survival gear going through Greenland: flares, signal mirrors, sleeping bag, food...

hello eagle

thanks for vans info

for the helicopter trip the name of the pilot is Matthieu De Quillacq

hope to meet you there

nicolas