Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VFR flight from france

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    Stay home.

Jake Speed
    Would you explain why you told him to stay home?

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Other way around, I think.
    Yep.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Steve,

Why should I waste my time?

The Thread has been ruined.

I know these kind very well.

Jake Speed

Banned
    Steve,

Why should I waste my time?

The Thread has been ruined.

I know these kind very well.

Jake Speed
    Where have I seen this behaviour before? Attack, deny, dismiss, blame others, deflect, obfuscate.

Banned

It's an excellent reply.

Jake Speed
    Oh ya, that's it. That's where I've heard and seen this behavior before.

Time for the mods to take elimination action. The ding dong part is about to start!

Wow.
    So, hi Nick and welcome. Despite the instant and rude response from one, you would be very welcome at our little reunion.
    There is a Swiss glassair that participated for many years, a young French couple that came over in a doorless two seat aircraft that looked very much like an ultralight, and a whole flock of South African aircraft that came en mass. Most recently there was a fellow that did an around the world flight in a kitfox, I believe, timed to be in Oshkosh for the convention. John Johanson has flown around the world twice out of New Zealand, once eastbound and the other westbound, each time stopping at the convention. That's a different class of aircraft, but a good example, as is the German canard, a Defiant, I think, that made the trip at least once.
    There were articles written in our magazine on all these adventures, and they should all be available through our headquarters and publications department. That should give you a good start, and I would imagine any of the folks who have gone before would be happy to share what they've learned.
    ICAO controls the aviation guidance on the topic, and Document 007 is the primary source for pilots. It is mostly about air carrier operations in the flight levels, but also addresses other options. It can be found at:
    https://ops.group/blog/wp-content/up...-2-Amd-0-1.pdf
    The host website, Ops Group, is also a good source of current information on global operations and difficulties / outages, so you might consider them as a source for realtime and near - realtime information for your route.
    The routing you would end up with would be one of the Blue Spruce routes, which adds an historic element, as these were developed as ferry routes during the second world war.
    Do you research and planning carefully, and have a blast!

As your plans progress and the event draws nearer, please post your progress. Look forward to seeing you and your plane in Oshkosh in 2020. What a splendid adventure! Best wishes from Chicago.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

hello guys

my purpose is to fly from France via UK, iceland, greenland and canada to be part of the airventure 2020. it's a 40 hours journey.

my sinus is equipped with the 100l reservoir so my range is 1000nm.

it's difficult to find info from AIP and officail so i try with fellow pilot

one of the problem is to fly VFR from France.

if you have any info or know who has made such a flight i will be glad to have a contact
    best regards

nicolas l

Quote Originally Posted by Nlcx View Post
    hello guys

my purpose is to fly from France via UK, iceland, greenland and canada to be part of the airventure 2020. it's a 40 hours journey.

my sinus is equipped with the 100l reservoir so my range is 1000nm.

it's difficult to find info from AIP and officail so i try with fellow pilot

one of the problem is to fly VFR from France.

if you have any info or know who has made such a flight i will be glad to have a contact
    best regards

nicolas l
    Nick,

Please talk about your flying experience and the longest cross-country trip you have flown?

Are you IFR?

Jake Speed

hello jake

i'm a french airline captain with 15000 hours, i'm an IFR but my aircarft is not. i'm also an type rating examiner on A320.

i'm also a glider pilot and use to make cross france flight for leisure.

kindly

nicolas l