Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VFR flight from france

Goggles more info

i have found the reference for general aviation ops

http://www.worldairops.com/NAT/docs/...AirOps.com.pdf

on page 11 they give the non HF possible routing

nicolas

Nicolas,

I found this https://www.aopa.org/travel/internat.../transatlantic which has some good information and mentions relaying position reports through airliners in the higher flight levels.

I had an email exchange with Hermann who I mentioned in post # 26. He said, "It looks like on this tour I only meet nice and helpful people and this makes me really really happy!" He's a fellow airline pilot, and I suspect that he would be glad to help with your questions on survival gear, country specific procedures, etc. If you are not able to contact him via the link, email me (post # 26 also), and I'll try to put you in touch with him.

Cheers, David
    RV-6A KBTF

Wink thanks david

thank you david for all this info

i will contact hermann for info sure and to share his feelings.

best regards

nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Nicolas,

I found this https://www.aopa.org/travel/internat.../transatlantic which has some good information and mentions relaying position reports through airliners in the higher flight levels.

I had an email exchange with Hermann who I mentioned in post # 26. He said, "It looks like on this tour I only meet nice and helpful people and this makes me really really happy!" He's a fellow airline pilot, and I suspect that he would be glad to help with your questions on survival gear, country specific procedures, etc. If you are not able to contact him via the link, email me (post # 26 also), and I'll try to put you in touch with him.

Cheers, David
    RV-6A KBTF

thank you eagle for those info

hope to meet you some day

nicolas

Nicolas,

Keep in mind you'll have the flight back.

What's the useful load on that thing?

Jake Speed

Sinus load

Hello jack

Usually the dominent wind is from the west so the flight back isn’t the big problem for me.

the payload of the sinus is 216kg so with 100l of gasoline and me I still have 56 kg available

best regards

nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Speed View Post
    Nicolas,

Keep in mind you'll have the flight back.

What's the useful load on that thing?

Jake Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Nlcx View Post
    Hello jack

Usually the dominent wind is from the west so the flight back isn’t the big problem for me.

the payload of the sinus is 216kg so with 100l of gasoline and me I still have 56 kg available

best regards

nicolas
    If you have an ATPL you can hop rides and get there for free. Back also, unless things have changed?

Jake Speed

What an adventure! Bonne chance! Or would "bon courage" be more appropriate for this endeavor? If you can get through all of the hurdles, legal and physical, let us know when you expect to arrive at OSH (please include a prep at your last stop before arriving.) I want to be in the Warbirds Ground tower when you arrive so I can see it!

-- Chris
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Hello chris

as you Samy you need courage to gent through thé légal stuff, regardons that thé flight will be no bis deal but certainelay a gréât adventure

i will tell thé expected Time of arrival in oshkoch

i will fly with One of my fellow airline that is to come with a mousquetaire

best regards
    nicolas
    Last edited by Nlcx; 10-16-2019 at 10:15 PM.