Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAA Sales Agreement

"
    The contract had a claus in it that provided for a full refund if any major defects were disclosed."

Well there ya'
    go! Should have mentioned that little detail up front. Take the signed contract, proof of payment and your pictures of the actual vs advertised aircraft to the judge and I'd be expecting the courts to rule in your favor.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

James , that is certainly a new enough plane that it could and should have good paint, was it kept hangared?
    I notice that 250 hours in only 3 year is 83 per year, so the good news is that the plane was being flown, it was being used and not just a mistake that had major construction problems. I think the appearance issues are to be resovled in court.

Have you gone and filed yet? Nothing happens until you take the action, unless writing on this forum is enough for you. You can gripe to us or your bartender or kick your dog but you're not real to the seller until you take action. Good luck.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-27-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    James , that is certainly a new enough plane that it could and should have good paint, was it kept hangared?
    I notice that 250 hours in only 3 year is 83 per year, so the good news is that the plane was being flown, it was being used and not just a mistake that had major construction problems. I think the appearance issues are to be resovled in court.

Have you gone and filed yet? Nothing happens until you take the action, unless writing on this forum is enough for you. You can gripe to us or your bartender or kick your dog but you're not real to the seller until you take action. Good luck.
    I'm going to file within the next few weeks. Right now I'm just looking at where to file. The county where he lives or the county where the transaction was supposed to take place. I think I can do either.

I searched through the posts/threads and did not come across any that discussed selling a partially completed kit. This seemed close so I thought I would ask here. Is there liability to the seller of a partially completed kit? It seems that it's just parts which none are airworthy but, work has been done and I'm wondering if work already completed carries liability with it? Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    I searched through the posts/threads and did not come across any that discussed selling a partially completed kit. This seemed close so I thought I would ask here. Is there liability to the seller of a partially completed kit? It seems that it's just parts which none are airworthy but, work has been done and I'm wondering if work already completed carries liability with it? Thanks
    Any and all liability would be taken care of with a simple signing by both buyer and seller of a well written liability waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Any and all liability would be taken care of with a simple signing by both buyer and seller of a well written liability waiver.
    Until somebody decides to sue....then you will be faced with defense expenses even if the suit has no merit. Nobody can sign away their family members' ability to sue a previous owner.
    Last edited by Sam Buchanan; 11-25-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log