Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EAA Sales Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Check your local statutes. Many municipalities limit small claims actions to $2 - 3,000. If you're limited, you can still sue in small claims court to the maximum limit and write-off the difference. I'm not sure I agree with Floatsflyer. You might be able to make a case for fraud or fraudulent inducement. Finding a city or county attorney willing to take the case is another discussion but it's worth the time to discuss it with them. I'd also post the seller's name here, Barnstormer, anywhere you can. Guilt or embarrassment might convince the guy to cooperate. If nothing else, you might be able to save the next guy some time and money.
    Here we have a limit of $10,000. From what I've heard the judges are extremely conservative and if someone has been deceived and evidence is available (which I have) then you have a very clear case of deception. SCC, I'm told is a little like going to your parents for a dispute to be resolved. They generally act extremely fairly. If someone stole money from you based off of a misrepresentation than it will be a fairly straight-forward case.

How old is the plane and how many total hours on it?

To the newcomer OP -

Was a pre-purchase inspection done by you or your agent? Did your sales agreement include anything regarding deposit refunds if you were not satisfied?

If I buy a used car from a private party without having a mechanic or at least a 'mechanically inclined' buddy take a look at it and it turns out to be a clunker, it's all on me and a valuable (costly) life lesson that I'd hope to never repeat.

Frankly I am quite confused as to why one would send $$$ in any large amount to a stranger prior to buying anything sight unseen? Kinda harkens back to getting an e-mail from a Nigerian Prince.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 09-26-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    To the newcomer OP -

Was a pre-purchase inspection done by you or your agent? Did your sales agreement include anything regarding deposit refunds if you were not satisfied?

Frankly I am quite confused as to why one would send $$$ in any large amount to a stranger prior to buying anything sight unseen? Kinda harkens back to getting an e-mail from a Nigerian Prince.
    Randy, you're repeating questions you previously asked in #2. The OP didn't answer then so ipso facto he didn't do a PPI or have a sales agreement. These questions are irrelevant. Geez, he gave a substantial deposit without even looking at the plane and you're asking about paperwork? He's just trying to get his deposit back!

As far as your other question is concerned, he already answered in #4 because I asked him that in #3. And comparing his situation to being duped by a Nigerian Prince is totally unfair, unnessary, unhelpful and hurtful. The seller fu***d him and he's asking for help, he doesn't need more daggers thrown at him.

"
    ipso facto" ?

Gosh I didn't like the 7 years I spent learning Classical Latin, thanks for the flash back - lol

To the rest? I 100% support and defend your inalienable right to express your opinions without reproach, on this forum and in the world at large.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

James, how would you rate the paint and interior on a scale of 0-10?

I'll try to reply to these questions the best I can. The Plane was 2016. 250TTAF.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    To the newcomer OP -

If I buy a used car from a private party without having a mechanic or at least a 'mechanically inclined' buddy take a look at it and it turns out to be a clunker, it's all on me and a valuable (costly) life lesson that I'd hope to never repeat.

Experimental's tend to sell quick (the good ones anyway). I put down a deposit in good faith that the airplane was as advertised. The contract had a claus in it that provided for a full refund if any major defects were disclosed. I've purchased many things 'unseen' (like from eBay, for example) and they have always been as described.

Would a call to the local county police help?

Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    James, how would you rate the paint and interior on a scale of 0-10?
    There were chips in the wings, cracks and dents in the cowling, inside the seats were worn and chips were present on the panel. I would give it 7.5 (ext) and 7 (int). To me a 9.5/9.5 is a plane as good as new yet has been used but is a few years old. For example, my car is a 9.5/9.5. It's 2016 paint has no chips or scratches and inside it looks almost like the day I bought it.